·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only you would hear that dog JJ. :D

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
oh now, that's some funny stuff. And man I haven't thought about that dang dog for a long time...thanks alot, geesh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am never eating at Taco Bell again. Thanks carrie. :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
CharlieMavCBR said:
:withstupi Couldn't they tell the truck was leaning to the side?!?! LMAO
:withstupi But thats some funny sh!t! Imagine that little car pulling in that truck! :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
From the looks of it, he had the support leg too close to the edge of the retaining wall and it just slipped. He probably also underestimated the weight of the car with all the water in it.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
After taking a closer look at the pics, he definitely had the support leg too close to the edge. In fact, he had it ON the edge and the top brick either crumbled, or just couldn't hold the weight and slipped out of position.

Also, you would think those people that were standing so close would have learned something, but you see a couple of the same people standing between the bigger truck and the side. :crazy:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got to disagree. I don't see support legs, there is a gray steel upside down U-shaped thing next to the truck (photo 3) but if you look real close at photos 4 & 5, the bar is still there. The truck didn't have support legs, you can see the bottom of the truck while it's laying in the water. There are no legs. If there were legs, the frame of the truck wouldn't be twisting so badly before it fell in.

It's a european thing. Roads, cars, parking spots are much smaller overseas and they simply can't "tow" a vehicle. When your car is parked illegally and needs to be towed they can't get in front of it since the majority of the spots are parallel parking spots. Also most of the cars are manuals, so everyone uses a parking brake. What they do is reach over, grab the car, throw it on the flat bed and drive away. I've never actually witnessed it, but the guys have told me it barely slows down traffic they do it so quickly.

If you look at the truck in the water, you can see the tilt bed. His boom is extended pretty far and he isn't as close to the edge as he should be. If you look at the boom angle relative to the truck, when the car clears the water (photo 2) the boom is very low and probably getting reeled in with the cable. When the car is up in the air (photo 3) the boom is much higher. The combined wet weight of the car, max extension on the boom and shifting water inside the car probably did him in.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yee haa...genious' at work here!!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Yeah but can you imagine the phone call back to the office telling them you needed a bigger truck to pull yours up out of the canal?? That is one dude who will be in the porta potty for a long time until someone tops that stunt!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
bumblebee said:
Yeah but can you imagine the phone call back to the office telling them you needed a bigger truck to pull yours up out of the canal?? That is one dude who will be in the porta potty for a long time until someone tops that stunt!!

he'll be emptying those bad boys for a year after that stunt!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
cerveja said:
I got to disagree. I don't see support legs, there is a gray steel upside down U-shaped thing next to the truck (photo 3) but if you look real close at photos 4 & 5, the bar is still there.
Well, the pics won't open up now, so I can't go back in to look at it, but you're probably right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts