Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
wtf. my best time was 13.727 at 96mph. and i was into it all the way. how could this be so slow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
post your 60 foot times, 1/8 mph etc...just post whats on your time slip..that will help to see where your losing time...i would think that your 60 foot time is over 2 seconds and that right there will kill your ET......

also, what is the magazines times on your bike....that gives you a good baseline so you know how far off you are....

Corrected 1/4 mile: 11.87 sec. @ 110.02 mph

found this on the web , its a corrected 1/4 mile time (track at high altitude's are corrected for sea level) so its pretty close, but looks like with a good rider the sv should be able to get into the 11's...your mph is pretty low so i would think your 60 foot time is in the 2.2-2.3 range.....you have to be around 1.8 and lower to get a real good time and
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Well Jack would know best on this subject...

Also, fixed your spelling in your title...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GsxrJack said:
post your 60 foot times, 1/8 mph etc...just post whats on your time slip..that will help to see where your losing time...i would think that your 60 foot time is over 2 seconds and that right there will kill your ET......

also, what is the magazines times on your bike....that gives you a good baseline so you know how far off you are....

Corrected 1/4 mile: 11.87 sec. @ 110.02 mph

found this on the web , its a corrected 1/4 mile time (track at high altitude's are corrected for sea level) so its pretty close, but looks like with a good rider the sv should be able to get into the 11's...your mph is pretty low so i would think your 60 foot time is in the 2.2-2.3 range.....you have to be around 1.8 and lower to get a real good time and
well i was at 4600 ft above see level and there was quite a bit of wind. and it was ****in cold. my best time i got was

r/t .365
60' 2.186
330 5.692
1/8 8.697
mph 80.73
1000 11.38
1/4 13.722
mph 95.82
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JK_DILLA said:
are your carbs tuned for the altitude?
no. i didnt get it tuned for that. but thats ok it was my first run ever on a track and i thought that was pretty good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
SperosSV650 said:
well i was at 4600 ft above see level and there was quite a bit of wind. and it was ****in cold. my best time i got was

r/t .365
60' 2.186
330 5.692
1/8 8.697
mph 80.73
1000 11.38
1/4 13.722
mph 95.82
ya that altitude is gonna hurt your et and your mph,,,,,,even if your tuned for it, theres just not as much air up there than at sea level....just have to work on getting your 60 foot time down, thats the whole drag race right there....should be able to get it in the 12's with a sub 2.0 sixty foot time....have fun and try it some more.....


ive never had to adjust for altitude since im at sea level but there is a formula, maybe some one in here knows that formula for a corrected quarter mile time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
Corrected for 4600ft

  • 12.94 ET
  • 85.61 mph
And how did you come up with those figures? I always like to see formulas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
Corrected for 4600ft

  • 12.94 ET
  • 85.61 mph
the ET sounds correct (or maybe a little high-or low since its almost a second and im not sue if i ever saw a second off a corrected time) but not the MPH, the MPH should have gone up not down.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
GsxrJack said:
the ET sounds correct (or maybe a little high-or low since its almost a second and im not sue if i ever saw a second off a corrected time) but not the MPH, the MPH should have gone up not down.........
oops, i see my mistake, sorry i wasnt really paying attention. Heres the table i used...NHRA Correction Factors. Whaddaya think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that makes me feel better. i didnt do too bad if those are the numbers
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top