Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bamm, just picked this bad boy up today for 100 bucks new. I finally got the refferal check from when my buddy bought his bike (50 bucks). I can see where people say it's noisy but it has the same kind of noise you hear with ear plugs on IMO. Very tolerable if you ask me. i can actually feel the vents a little bit. Today it was 100 degrees and I was sweating in it and the vents kind of cooled the sweat and it felt nice. I have to order the tinted visor soon. It's the best thing I've bought in a while at an awesome price. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Does that one have the composite shell?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
DESENT!! It's good lookin.... and for a $100 bucks you can't beat it with a wooden stick!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
A SQUIDTARD that I know has that same lid. He bought it the same day he bought his Katana650. He also got the mirror shield for it and had that installed the same time. He's worn it three times (2 days at the MSF Class and 1-2hr road ride with me). That was last weekend. He hasn't touched the bike since. :jacked: :sorry: :sorry:

But on a real note, it's a nice lid. Didn't get that great reviews for protection though. However it did do better than the EXO-700 lid though, if my olde gray matter serves me correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A local bike shop was getting bulldozed to make way for Costco and I picked up this lid for the bargain price of $75.00. HJC AC-11

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
A SQUIDTARD that I know has that same lid. He bought it the same day he bought his Katana650. He also got the mirror shield for it and had that installed the same time. He's worn it three times (2 days at the MSF Class and 1-2hr road ride with me). That was last weekend. He hasn't touched the bike since. :jacked: :sorry: :sorry:

But on a real note, it's a nice lid. Didn't get that great reviews for protection though. However it did do better than the EXO-700 lid though, if my olde gray matter serves me correctly.
Theres an katana 650? :whistle:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The anti fog lense is awesome. I breathe directly on it and not even a little bit of fog shows up!

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's the exact same lid I bought. Having seen all the recommedations on the board here for Scorpion helmets, I planned on ordering one, only to find out that the local store began carrying them. Got it for $130, with a demo by a Scorpion rep as well, about the quick change lenses, the decorative pieces, and the changeable lining.

Love the helmet, especially how light the EXO -400 is. Get a lot of compliments on the lid.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still don't know which is the open position for the top slide vent. I leave it in the middle notch and figure it's at least half open.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is the one thing that sucks about Scorpion, the complete lack of instructions/manual. Looked on their site as well, and it just has a pdf. file for the little useless paper insert included.

I play with the vents as well. Sometimes I guess I have them all open, and on a good day it doesn't feel like you have the helmet on at all with all the air flowing around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice looking helmet DLITALIEN. I have the Scorpion EXO-700 Raider in red. It kinda looks like yours. I really like the helmet alot!! As far as that protection test goes, if I remember right all the helmets tested better that ones of a very short time ago. You are correct that the EXO-700 was at the bottom of the pile though.
Still, I really like the helmet. It has far better ventilation than my last helmet.

Ron.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts