Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by and saw the new K1200S on Friday. Seems like a nice enough bike. Bars are way high though. They seem to be marketing it as a sport bike, but I would definitely put it in the "Sport Tourer" family. I mean who is going to be using heated grips at the track??

Anyway, I wouldn't mind one for the street. Of course, there are a lot of bikes I wouldn't mine owning...
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
CBR Rider said:
Anyway, I wouldn't mind one for the street. Of course, there are a lot of bikes I wouldn't mine owning...
:withstupi My wife likes it to. Im still:skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
I saw one last thursday... it sounds sweet... and I thought my canister was large :screwy: but it looks great and the blue & white model is smooth looking... but for some reason the other BMW riders had problems with the swing arm being on the wrong side...I couldn't understand it... :crazy:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
zx636r said:
does it have a cup holder too????????
:lol:

:rofl:

But the real question is... is the cup holder, that we know is there, heated?
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
OK... I'll retract my statement on THIS BMW... that's a desent looking bike that your wife has.... and the other one just looks mean!!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
OK... I'll retract my statement on THIS BMW... that's a desent looking bike that your wife has.... and the other one just looks mean!!!
She doesn't have one, she just likes it and wants one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Bars adjustable ;) Already number of aftermarket pipes on market.
Anybody who rides on street knows value of heated grips :dthumb:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
jetskifast said:
Bars adjustable ;) Already number of aftermarket pipes on market.
Anybody who rides on street knows value of heated grips :dthumb:
Works allot better than stopping and holding the pip to get the feeling back in you fingers. :lol:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Works allot better than stopping and holding the pip to get the feeling back in you fingers. :lol:
I totally do that all the time!!! At least in the early and late season...

No worries... I think so of the WOS guys need to check that out!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
No Worries said:
Don't go by anyone's opinion on the new S-model, form your own. BMW is having an open-house in April, with test rides of the new S. Go to http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/openhouse_2005/openhouse_dealer.jsp and see if a BMW dealer in your neighborhood is participating. Mine is on April 9th. Woo Hoo.
If you donot want to deal with crowds, most BMW dealers will let you test drive bikes for hour on youre own :cheers:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Well, I'm going to settle this debate.... a bunch of us in WOS have alreay pre-registered to go ride one of these beasts!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well, I'm going to settle this debate.... a bunch of us in WOS have alreay pre-registered to go ride one of these beasts!!
Lets us know what you think! I'm sure you will anyway! :lol:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
jetskifast said:
If you donot want to deal with crowds, most BMW dealers will let you test drive bikes for hour on youre own :cheers:
They want a hefty deposit to show serious intent at my stealer. :sob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
jeeps84 said:
They want a hefty deposit to show serious intent at my stealer. :sob:
Bay Area dealers just make sure you have motorcycle license, have you sign paper you are reponsible for crash damage.
Never any sales pressure :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well, I'm going to settle this debate.... a bunch of us in WOS have alreay pre-registered to go ride one of these beasts!!
Enjoy :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well, I'm going to settle this debate.... a bunch of us in WOS have alreay pre-registered to go ride one of these beasts!!

You will need to post about that when your done and get a pic of who ever is on it to post as well. :dthumb:
 
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Top