Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2001, Katana 750...7,500 miles, no visible dents or dings, oil just changed, valve's redone, new tires, fluids changed..local trade in..dealer wants 3995.00

I've got a friend who has one, and he loved it, obviously not a beastly as a Gixxer, but still a good all-around bike, that can do me well on the twisties, and also have enough comfort for my wife when she's along. Won't be a long term bike, but for the near future, it should do me well for now.

Ive owned several bikes over my lifetime, but not too familiar with this particular bike, as far as personal experience goes....if it checks out tomorrow, I may just jump on it.

Anybody have any positive or negative feedback on this bike?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I haven't owned one, but I know someone who has. His Kat was the bike that got him started in the whole sport and now he owns many bikes. I think it's a great way to start back into things.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked out the bike today, the dealer didn't BS me..this bike is in showroom condition, started it up, showed me the service history, etc..I'll testride it on friday, and if it rides as good as it sounds and looks, I'll pick it up then. So far, so good with it.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
showed me the service history,
That's golden IMO... Do you realize how few people record their service? If it's in good physcial condition and the dealer can vouch for the service history, I'd jump all over it for a used bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts