Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've finally updated the ZZR600 which has looked the same for years

now it looks like this:

I looked at it and thought "yeah, this is a cool looking bike, it's like the old Ninja....."

wait a minute

IT IS THE OLD NINJA ZX6R

Kawasaki will never grow out of renaming their bikes to keep them going (eg the ZX11 ninja being sold later on as a ZZR1100)

I guess that's the burial ground for Ninjas, they get the ZZR name :screwy: :bash: :smash:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Hey, now dont forget about the new Stickers to go along with that new paint job, new stickers always means a new bike :screwy: :lol:

For what it's worth, the new ZZR looks 100% better than the old! and Interestingly enough, a buddy of mine bout a ZZR600 earlier this year, and the insurance rates were alot lower on the ZZR models, as opposed to the Ninjas. Now you'd expect this of course, but from what I understand from talking to him, the rates are SIGNIFICANTLY lower. Kinda of odd to see That much of a jump in the rates.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
New paint job or not. The new one do look pretty good compared to the old ones.

And Matt, we need to get him to ride it more. This a few times out of the year has to stop. Maybe we can get him to go with us when WOS guys come down next month. :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Nope, I bet that ZZR fron end and many other fairing pieces are 9R parts. The 6R parts would be big enough. Plus they can now use the old 9R parts...I know, you can just call me Mr.Kaw.. :lol:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Maybe they believe that their designs are so good, they simply can't just toss them out... so they just move them on down the line.

Sure, why not :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
OK, am I the only one in here that's never heard this before.. :lol:

Kawasaki are playing funny buggers with us

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
OK, am I the only one in here that's never heard this before.. :lol:

Kawasaki are playing funny buggers with us
It's an Aussie thing :cheers:

·
Registered
235 Posts
why would thay do this, it cant be that expensive to mold some new parts around the existing frame. its retarted.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
alot of times they base new designs for existing bikes, on current designs on another bike in their lineup thats really popular..im sure thats not the only reason, but I would be it definately part of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts