Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen it done and in my opinion, I would not nor have i done it. It looks as if it can start to put to much pressure on the kickstand itself.

What do the rest of you think?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I was reading about this somewhere else too, and I'm not even sure exactly how this would even be maneuvered. But even if I did, I don't think I would put that much stress on my kickstand.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I saw that manuver on a Las Vegas Extreme vid years back and being the squid i aspire to be, i tried it on my Kat. Wasnt smooth and never did it again. :sob:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Been doing it on all my bikes for many years without a problem, kinda have to on Duc's, the turning radius on them is like 80 feet...

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I used to have to do it to get it out of my garage... It can't be much, if any, more weight than sitting on your bike while it is on the kickstand and people do that all the time...

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
okay i have been tring to find out myself what it is but what the hell is a kickstand spin!!!!!!!!!!!

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
its grabbing the back of your bike, while your not on it, while the kickstand is down, and using the kickstand as a lever to spin the back end around, making it able to get out of tight spots/parking spots and stuff...

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
its grabbing the back of your bike, while your not on it, while the kickstand is down, and using the kickstand as a lever to spin the back end around, making it able to get out of tight spots/parking spots and stuff...
HELL NO DONT DO THAT

my old bike (honda fat cat) had a kick stand and i broke it just putting it on a angled hill

i would not trust that but street bike kick stands are probably stronger

·
Registered
619 Posts
the duck you can do it, but dont try on GIX 1000 or Kat, you will screw up the opening of the kick stand. I know cause I did on 2 bikes, how ever my 996 would spin no problem.

KP-

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I use that maneuver on my bikes, but only on the smooth garage floor.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I see it all the time, but have never did it personally!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
if you are doing it as a trick then its just plain not impressive looking, but if its serves a purpose to geti t out where u cant otherwise y not.. but ive never tried it.. not sure id be comfy tryign it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i wouldent do it but to each his own. but i do want to do the burn out with the 905 cages and you just put the bike on the side and gun it while you are sitting on the side fairing, of coarse i want to do it withe a beat up biek thats not mine though.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I use this method on a regular basics. My driveway is steep and my wife has a hard time moving backwards on the bike, so I turn the bike around for her while its still in the basement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts