Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have gsxr 750 does the [email protected] filter really rob ponys every body says no except one web site the stock u get more power thanks 4 the helpgsxr 750 rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :cheers: :dthumb: thanks :ffedback:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
PM or email speedwerks, they someone knows they would. They are a supporting vendor on the forum.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If you have a 1986 GSXR 750, it may add horsepower. The only test I ever saw was for a late-model CBR 600. The K&N lost several HP, but if you don't go over 10K RPM, you may not notice. The best thing about the K&N is it lasts forever, after washing and oiling. If you're like me and squeeze every last drop out of a bike (my three bikes average over 23 years old) get the K&N. Otherwise get the stock filter.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
No Worries said:
If you have a 1986 GSXR 750, it may add horsepower. The only test I ever saw was for a late-model CBR 600. The K&N lost several HP, but if you don't go over 10K RPM, you may not notice. The best thing about the K&N is it lasts forever, after washing and oiling. If you're like me and squeeze every last drop out of a bike (my three bikes average over 23 years old) get the K&N. Otherwise get the stock filter.

You guys are kidding me right? :disapp:

There was a test a few months ago in one of my fav mags. A real mag, that uses their own test data. They tested UNI, BMC, K&N, and a stock filter. Now the K&N didnt win but it was much better that the stock filter. If the fuel was not metered right in the late-model cbr that could caused the Hp drop. The more air you get into you bike the more you have to adjust your fuel mixture.

Depending on who you talk to 14.0 for the street is cool and 13.2 and 12.1 are more racing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When a shop DYNO's their bikes, at most they have a fan in front of there bike. How can they possibly tell how much HP your bike is picking up at 100 +++ MPH. The more air that is getting through the filter the more HP. So maybe on a DYNO in a small speed shop there is little, no HP OR - HP but in the real world you are picking up ponies. :dthumb:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
14funs750 said:
When a shop DYNO's their bikes, at most they have a fan in front of there bike. How can they possibly tell how much HP your bike is picking up at 100 +++ MPH. The more air that is getting through the filter the more HP. So maybe on a DYNO in a small speed shop there is little, no HP OR - HP but in the real world you are picking up ponies. :dthumb:
Thank god a smart one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts