Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Never tried that. However, on one road where I open it up, I can see for miles before starting. However, I ride the road slow a couple times to check for any gravel, dead animals, etc. Only problem is there are fields on both sides, so I still have to worry about a live animal wandering onto the road. But, it's flat and straight, so it works, provided there aren't any cars coming the other direction. If I start getting up to speed and notice an oncoming car, I just back down to normal. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Although, there is a nice twisty "old" highway in Illinois that has some awesome sweeping curves. The road has recently been repaved and some of the curves are good for 120+ MPH. I've taken them over 90 and still not had a knee down. A buddy claims to have hit 140, but I can't say if it's true or not. Unfortunately, the highway is patrolled sometimes, so you have to be careful. But if WOS comes down this way, we'll have to try the scouting method.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.