Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that it's always about that in real estate but what about posting...

Where does everybody live? Alot of people don't really have their cities and such on their location so let's hear it.

Also, let us know if there is a good or bad reason why you live there.

Maybe a job moved you, maybe you just followed your S/O...whatever...

Speak up...

Oh and by the way...I only have 53 posts till 10K!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,790 Posts
You will hit 10k today Gas!!!

I live in Harrisburg PA. I moved here for a job with the nations 5th largest engineering company.. I am an audio visual installation technician. After I got laid off in Cincy Ohio/ Lexington KY I could not find a job in that feild. There was no way in hell I was going to pass up working for the Nations 5th largest Engineering Company Gannett Flemming / Environmental Acoustics, and PAVL systems. We design thousands of things. I'm on the audio video side of things so I get to install and hook up all these cool things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,434 Posts
Kansas City, MO....I live here because my wife said we had to :bash:

Actually both of our families are here and I really do like the place, most of the good things of the bigger cities without all of the bad. Traffic reletively good, crime is pretty low barring certain areas to avoid. Overall not a bad place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
I live in Indiana. Job and school brought me here.

Gas Man said:
Oh and by the way...I only have 53 posts till 10K!!

You posted this 2 1/2 hours ago and you STILL have 53 posts left till 10K. WTH is wrong with our :king: :whore: ? You should be well over 10K by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
Im from Scottsdale, AZ. A little over 9 years ago I moved here from the Bay Area in CA (San Mateo to be exact). We moved here for a job (well,the old man did). I hated AZ for a long time. After a few summers under the belt and high school, its great! Its only really hot (100-110+ degrees) for 3 months out of the year. Then its 3 monts of fairly cold (40-60 degrees in the Nov Dec Jan months) then its awesome 60-90 degree weather for a good 6 months! You cannot beat spring in AZ. Hence all the "snowbirds" that come down during those months. Most people are a little rich-snob like, but its tolerable. Heck, I get to see all the nice cars they spent their money on. :yesnod: It took some gettting used to here, but I dig it.

I know this should be in the southwest section of TWF, but nobody really looks at that so; Anybody live in the Phoenix area?

Good topic Gas Man :dthumb:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
I live in the panhandle of Florida, in Tallahassee...we have hills and forests and really good roads we can ride every day of the year...and the Yankees haven't found us yet... :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
I live in Sunrise, Florida (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area) and moved here November 2002 from central Illinois. Moved down here cuz I was stuck in a dead end job up there, and having previously dropped out of college (DeVry - telecommunications management) I REALLY needed to go back to school but couldn't fit it in the budget while living on my own. Since my dad already lived down here I moved in with him to save some $$ on living expenses, and quickly started school (once I made up my mind what to do!) in a Ford sponsored auto mechanics program at the local technical school as well as the community college courses so I get an AAS degree, and through that program got a decent job as a mechanic at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership. I've now completed school as of yesterday and will be graduating shortly, as well as getting a $5 raise starting monday, and in 30 days it'll be another 5-10 raise. So I guess for me right now, life is good :dthumb:

I have a love/hate relationship with living down here though. I love the warm winters with no snow or ice, and I can ride all year round. But on the other hand I hate all the traffic, all the stupid ignorant people and tourists everywhere, nobody speaks english or knows how to drive, and no twisties to ride :cry: But overall, I'm happy here. I moved out from my dads house about a year and a half ago and now live with one of my best friends (3 of us share a house), who coincidentally I 'met' awile before I even moved down to Florida, on a forum that I administer for 3rd generation Honda Accords....weird
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
snadamo said:
Im from Scottsdale, AZ. A little over 9 years ago I moved here from the Bay Area in CA (San Mateo to be exact). We moved here for a job (well,the old man did). I hated AZ for a long time. After a few summers under the belt and high school, its great! Its only really hot (100-110+ degrees) for 3 months out of the year. Then its 3 monts of fairly cold (40-60 degrees in the Nov Dec Jan months) then its awesome 60-90 degree weather for a good 6 months! You cannot beat spring in AZ. Hence all the "snowbirds" that come down during those months. Most people are a little rich-snob like, but its tolerable. Heck, I get to see all the nice cars they spent their money on. :yesnod: It took some gettting used to here, but I dig it.

I know this should be in the southwest section of TWF, but nobody really looks at that so; Anybody live in the Phoenix area?

Good topic Gas Man :dthumb:
What? We have spring? I've lived here for 20 years and have yet to experience spring (that being said this past year wasnt too bad) However you did fail to mention the 120+ degree July/August/September weather...I know 2 Halloweens ago we still had our air condtioning on. You also failed to mention the lack of green and English speaking people :lol:

On a plus side, AZ is real estate market is awesome right now. Buy now..or if you would have bought in the past 5 years or so...and you'll make a bundle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
i just bought a house in algonac michigan.i've lived in southeast michigan my hole life,mostly in the ghetto's.my parent's moved out in the country and i love it.the drive to work is the same distance so that's cool.i also have a two and a half garage now :dthumb: i have a enough side work to pay the house payment's for a year.plus a good paying job at a body shop.oh it's gonna be nice not having to wait for the paint booth to open up.
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
bumblebee said:
I live in the panhandle of Florida, in Tallahassee...we have hills and forests and really good roads we can ride every day of the year...and the Yankees haven't found us yet... :dthumb:
Don't make us come looking now! You might come home one fine winter day to find about 20 northern bikers have taken up camp in your backyard! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
PhoenixGirlie said:
... You also failed to mention the lack of green and English speaking people :lol:
You have a surplus of green and NON-English speaking people? :D

Washington State, Seattle Metro area. Lived here in the state all my life and just haven't found a good reason to leave :) Plus I get to work with video games all day, so it's usually ok.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Guideon72 said:
You have a surplus of green and NON-English speaking people? :D

Washington State, Seattle Metro area. Lived here in the state all my life and just haven't found a good reason to leave :) Plus I get to work with video games all day, so it's usually ok.
You get to play with video games?? :yikes: I want your job!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
New Jersey?? Its a long story and not a great one. But I found My wife here and my whole family is here so I stay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
I live in San Quentin for 10-20 at least. Funny how the state of CA doesn't find it funny when you bash the skull of some shhhit talking idiot who deserved it anyways and I feel no remorse and I'D DO IT AGAIN.. They let me post on TWF now and again and sometimes give me thorazine with a methadone chaser.. When I get out I will find those damn fools down in Tallywhatever FL and make them pay - they along with many others are on my lipstick scrawled list of people to whack.. Piss me off and you too will be on the list and be sorry when the new phone books come out.. lol..

If you believe that I have some swamp land that is adjacent to bee's swamp o' hurricane property down there in the "deep" south - Dude news for you - 1. Florida is not part of the south - it is white hairs and milkshakes that couldn't weather the North anymore and got skered - they are weak. 2. The war is over and we won.

When now that I have bloviated longer than a politician on a cheap amphetimine buzz during a campaign year my story is - born in Livonia - HOME OF ROUSH RACING and lived in the Great State of Michigan my entire life and wouldn't consider living anywhere else.. The rest of those piss hole states are a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to............................live there..
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MP you crack me up!!!

I grew up and lived in south eastern area of Michigan (aka downriver) till I got promoted and my job was now in Flint. So I moved in with a buddy for few years in Royal Oak. Then finally bought a place in Grand Blanc, about 15 miles from my work in Flint. It's ok, but many times I wish I was back in the great downriver. It just has a more homey (not as gangster) feel to it. Oh, well make the best of it! Can't complaign about too much...besides it doesn't help anyway...

Still not at 10k yet, but will be there shortly...

30 to go
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Mudpuppy said:
I live in San Quentin for 10-20 at least. Funny how the state of CA doesn't find it funny when you bash the skull of some shhhit talking idiot who deserved it anyways and I feel no remorse and I'D DO IT AGAIN.. They let me post on TWF now and again and sometimes give me thorazine with a methadone chaser.. When I get out I will find those damn fools down in Tallywhatever FL and make them pay - they along with many others are on my lipstick scrawled list of people to whack.. Piss me off and you too will be on the list and be sorry when the new phone books come out.. lol..

If you believe that I have some swamp land that is adjacent to bee's swamp o' hurricane property down there in the "deep" south - Dude news for you - 1. Florida is not part of the south - it is white hairs and milkshakes that couldn't weather the North anymore and got skered - they are weak. 2. The war is over and we won.

When now that I have bloviated longer than a politician on a cheap amphetimine buzz during a campaign year my story is - born in Livonia - HOME OF ROUSH RACING and lived in the Great State of Michigan my entire life and wouldn't consider living anywhere else.. The rest of those piss hole states are a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to............................live there..

Talk about explaining a lot...no wonder you have a fascination with...errr--- nevermind :whistle:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mudpuppy said:
Oh a Downriver Rat - that explains everything.. Thanks for that clarification..
Yep..I knew somebody was going to say that... but I like it and will raise my kids in the same place if I have kids...

9 more
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top