Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm lookin' into securing the new R6 to something or like disc locks? Anyone know anything about them? The better ones? What to do? What not to do?

I've been reading reviews in some of my bike mags and there is this new lock that just came out:

Xena Warrior Disc Lock -

Made of titanium, with a built in 110db alarm and a "tubualar key (round)". Costs 39.99 in British lbs.

I'm not sure of American Dollars cause I haven't found it anywhere yet. Speedwerks, know anything about this? or any others?

Thanks for th information,

G

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
u want the bike safe get the scorpio, its the safest way to secure ur bike.

watint gor gas man to post whore

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was told that the Scorpio is not good. Read the post on "LoJack for Bikes". I asked that question and someone, forgot who, replied that the Scorpio drains your battery and has like no signal once you enter a building. I was looking at that alarm also.

Anyone else got any new feedback on the Scorpio? Disc Locks? Etc?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've had quite a few people who told me that the alarm either start acting up or stop working after a few months so they ended up having to turn them off and use it as a regular disc lock instead.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Disc locks are good, but keep somethin with your disclock that you can put in your ignition so you remember your disclock is on (something like a golf ball marker thingy). Put it in your ignition so you cant get your key in w/o removing it, and you will remember the disc lock. So many bikes go down because the rider forgets he slapped one on.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
scorpio has a thing so it cant drain ur battery, and yes some ppl have problems with them, mine the alarm is not as loud as it should be, but i talked to speedwerks and they are going to help me out. and the range on them is amazing im inside my work building right now and i get perfect signal. at home im in my room whcih is about 100 yards form my bike and get a perfect signal. they are supose to be good for up to a half mile away. there like the same ones used for the cars. pluse a disk lock IMO wont do nothgint, if they bust ur ignition and then just drive off, you can bust the lock right off and still ride without one disk. but with the scorpio i can press 2 butons and have my bike shut off on them. i looked and looke for what would be best and finnaly gave into the scorpio alarm.

·
4,183 Posts
The main way bikes get stolen though is 3-4 dudes jump out of a pickup, throw it in the back, and are gone in less than 10 seconds. Not much any of the options are gonna do against that..

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
true and very true. i got it mainly becaseu off all the money i put on in aftermarket parts like damper, slip on stuff like that. it has a peramiter sensor on it. plus when im at work it takes me less then 5 secs to get out the door and too my bike. but it gives me piece of mind knowing that i will get a page if someone sits on it or stays too close to it for too long

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
It sounds great 636 but not sure if it is really needed!

·
4,183 Posts
Check out some of the magazines from the UK Graffix,(TWO, Bike, Ride, Superbike) they have it much worse over there as far as bikes getting stolen. Always a good article or two about protecting your bike every month in those.

They say the number one defense against motorcycle theft is a garage, because most bikes are stolen from people's homes more often than while they are out and about.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Xena Warrior Disc Lock -

Made of titanium, with a built in 110db alarm and a "tubualar key (round)". Costs 39.99 in British lbs.

I'm not sure of American Dollars cause I haven't found it anywhere yet.
Just for the record British lb is worth almost twice the US dollar.
So that 40 lb lock will be close to $75 + shipping.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
100 bucks is kinda inexpensive considering the factor that it's protecting a much larger investment. I'm gonna look into the the Scorpio as well as the disc locks, even maybe a cable lock to lock it to the post outside my apartment on the sidewalk. I don't think anyone is gonna mess with it then.

I'm looking forward to what Speedwerks has to say in this matter.

G

·
Registered
94 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
100 bucks is kinda inexpensive considering the factor that it's protecting a much larger investment. I'm gonna look into the the Scorpio as well as the disc locks, even maybe a cable lock to lock it to the post outside my apartment on the sidewalk. I don't think anyone is gonna mess with it then.

I'm looking forward to what Speedwerks has to say in this matter.

G
Have you checked into renting a storage unit or do you ride every day? If you are on the ground floor, just wheel the mofo into the living room and call it a day :wink: :twfrox:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah just like the bikes in the motel room thread!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm trying to get a 1st floor apartment. So I'll either push it into the apartment or chain it to the stairs in the hallway. I have full coverage, including theft but it's still a piece of mind so that you don't have to worry about going outside one morning and not finding the bike, ya know?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
I'm trying to get a 1st floor apartment. So I'll either push it into the apartment or chain it to the stairs in the hallway. I have full coverage, including theft but it's still a piece of mind so that you don't have to worry about going outside one morning and not finding the bike, ya know?
:iagree:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts