Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this R6 and it already had the lowering kit installed and was lowered 1.5" inches in the rear. The front hasn't been touched at all. I'm about 5'3" and i'm on my tippy toes. I can ride it fine now but would love to have more of my feet touch if possible. I was thinking about switching it to the other setting of 3" inches, would this be okay without touching the front?? I'm also planning on buying the Corbin seat, I think that's suppose to help about 3/4" of a inch or so. Any inputs appreciated, thanks all. BE SAFE!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
If the back is already lowered 1.5" and you want to take it to the 3" mark, I'd lower the front a little. Should lessen the stress on the front end/forks. I'm not too sure. I know people who have lowered their bikes like 4" in the rear but they took like 2" off the front. A guy I know races and he said that if you lower the rear, you should lower the front, proportionally of course. So if you take another 1.5" off the rear, lower it 1.5" in the front or 2", he said you should be ok.

Oh, and let me know if you need the R6 regular service and race servicing manuals, I have them in PDF format.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, and no I don't need service manuals, already got it, thanks though. When you lower the front, how do you know if you're lowering 1.5" or whatever, I know the rear links is just two different holes but how do you differentiate the amount you lower in front?? THANKS!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Measure an inch and a half down from the top of each fork. Then line up the mark with the top of your clip-ons. I couldn't imagine how it feels to ride with 1.5" lowered just in the back. If you don't have a stand you're gonna need some help from a buddy. And you'll need a floor jack (a low profile one).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts