Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Important is it to lube up your cables on your bike and how frequent should you do them.....just the clutch and throttle cables right? :nonod:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey twist...got my chain and sprockets, went up 2 teeth in the rear and wow......i feel the difference.....

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
twisty said:
Not really I use just plain old "white lithium" spray grease. Works wonders. Also get alittle bit on where the cable connects to the fuel rails. But just alittle. You want that thing to be able to move as freely as it can.

cool but whata ya think about the TRE Switch??

·
Registered
5 Posts
GSXR750MKE said:
How Important is it to lube up your cables on your bike and how frequent should you do them.....just the clutch and throttle cables right? :nonod:

I would say as important as inspecting them. Took my 03 R1 apart to check the valve adjustment( annoying tick started to really bother me) and during reassemble I decide to lube my Throttle cables from the Throttle side up. Low and behold I had a frayed throttle cable. After messing with it for a little while trying ot see just what could happen I got it to start locking up in the WOT direction. Not good. Thats the Grip side after I got it ot hang up.

Jeff

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:yikes: that would suck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.