Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there is no real word or explaination, other than I just picked up the new 2005 R6. Man it's so awesome. Took a little getting used to the shifting on this bike versus the Suzuki that I used in class. Stalled out a couple of times in downtown, but oh well, they just went around me. (WAITING FOR THE SQUID-RETARD REMARKS!!!) Anyways, I'll put up pictures for those who will put in """This thread is worthless without pictures""", just gotta give me a week or so so I can get a camera.

You wouldn't believe though, I bought a Arai lid, it's the Signet GTR (made for long narrow heads as Arai is the only ones who account for people not having the same shaped heads.) Ok, now you can rip on this too...It's an XXL! I told everyone I wear a 7 7/8" fitted hat and the Arai fits just right!

Well, enough rambling, gonna go now. Anxiously awaiting the comments.

G

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
:nopicsbs:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
:lol: (what is this about not being able to post two messages in 20 secs? ?????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :cursin: how can i post whore like this, i have add, shiny ojects attract my attention before 20.... ifound a quarter..... seconds are up, something needs to be done....

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Congrads! All the brand loyalty talk aside, a nice bike is a nice and the R6 is a nice bike!! Whaddaya know I stalled my bike today too! (ok i was kinda a$$ing around) Just be careful, obviously the R6 is a diffrent beast than the class bike and nothing teaches better than experience. So ride ride ride fill up with gas and ride ride ride and eat and ride ride ride... :dthumb:

P.S. What color is you bike?

Drewpy, gunnin for your own quarentined thread like me and SV eh? :whistle:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
Congrads! All the brand loyalty talk aside, a nice bike is a nice and the R6 is a nice bike!! Whaddaya know I stalled my bike today too! (ok i was kinda a$$ing around) Just be careful, obviously the R6 is a diffrent beast than the class bike and nothing teaches better than experience. So ride ride ride fill up with gas and ride ride ride and eat and ride ride ride... :dthumb:

P.S. What color is you bike?

Drewpy, gunnin for your own quarentined thread like me and SV eh? :whistle:
LOL, yeah looks that way :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Graff... congrads!!

:nopicsbs:

Don't worry about the stalling.. it's no biggie... now if you come on here anytime this summer and say you laid it down trying to wheelie then I will call you a squid!

Till then keep it cool and try to keep that bike all shiny!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The color, for those who were wondering or asked, is red.

I took it out for a couple of drives today, when it was nice. Kinda scary doing like 55mph on the highway with like 25mph wind gusts in the opposite direction.

The only issue that I had, is like what I think someone said about 1st gear. Mine did not want to get out of it that easily. I'd start to let it roll, give it a little throttle and then it would stall (once it like "bucked"). I guess I gotta get used to it more than I am, cause after 1st gear, I'm fine.

Any advice?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Just like a cage.
You have to find that friction point.
Just be careful and take your time.
You'll get it after some practice. :dthumb:

Try to find a paved hill that doesn't have allot of traffic and practice you starts. :2cents:

Practice make perfect.

I still practice every time I ride! :lol: :whore:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Make sure you have both feet firmly planted on the ground till you get more use to the clutch...that way if it lurches and stalls you won't drop it like that guy on the yellow duc.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have a Kurtis Red Signet, it's the only one along w/ the Quantum that fits my "long oval" shaped head. However, my melon's only 7 1/2". :lol:

Don't worry about killing your bike in public, it's happened to everyone at some point. lol Be safe!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
The color, for those who were wondering or asked, is red.

I took it out for a couple of drives today, when it was nice. Kinda scary doing like 55mph on the highway with like 25mph wind gusts in the opposite direction.

The only issue that I had, is like what I think someone said about 1st gear. Mine did not want to get out of it that easily. I'd start to let it roll, give it a little throttle and then it would stall (once it like "bucked"). I guess I gotta get used to it more than I am, cause after 1st gear, I'm fine.

Any advice?
Out here in the plains/Oklahoma, the cross wind is something you have to get used to if you want to ride. It can definitely get a little scary at times, especially the big gusts. Just loosen up on the bars, take a deep breath, stay steady with the throttle, and grip with your legs. My F4i was all over the damn place, I don't miss that at all. lol

Sounds to me like you're popping the clutch in 1st instead of slipping it, and/or you're not giving it enough throttle. You'll get used to it. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm gonna go drive it around the neighborhood and a parking lot to try to get used to the clutch from 1st to 2nd. Thanks for the advice again everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts