Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy a powerCommander but a buddy of mine at the Bike shop said it wasn't nessasary cause he could remapp my stock computer on my 98 GSXR-750 without the need of a PowerCommander......i have a two brothers racing full exhaust so my bike is running a little rich so i need to lean it out a bit......is this really possible i thought you need a Powercommander on a my bike in order to mapp it?????????????? :bash:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Did you check some gixxer forums for this? There is one on this R6 forum I go to that explains how to do it. maybe there's one on a gixxer forum. i have the commander and don't need to find out how, but it's a start.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Is the '98 GSXR's FI?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
A PC is not necessary to re-mapp....when I put a pipe on my busa my mechanic did it w/o it.
Don't know exactly how he did it, but my bike has run great ever since and that was 4 yrs ago.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750MKE said:
yeah the Gixxer is fuel injected..
Just didn't think it was being that old...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Most Dealer shops have a Yosha program that can reflash your factory cdi.
It does the same thing as the PC but, they better know what they are doing.
If they use a preset map it will be fine. :dthumb:
If they try to custom build a map without a dyno, then look out. :skep:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:
Just didn't think it was being that old...
An older Gixxer is still better that newish(slightly road rashed) KAW. :wink: Kaw didnt know what FI was till last year. They spend more R&D money on the lawn and garden tractors than on the bikes. That is also a true statement. :screwy:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
2FURYUS is correct.

Mike...what are you wanting to do or get out of this? What goal are you trying to get to? This might help out a bit for us. :thumbs:

·
Registered
387 Posts
2FURYUS said:
Yes, it will....that's why it's important to re-mapp.
Wasn't really asking a question, I know it would run lean, but he said its running rich after he put a full pipe on it.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah yeah Twisty.... :whore:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts