Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cursin: :cursin: :wtf: Mass just Kicked us Motorcycle guyz in the NUTZ.....If you only have a permit or have your motorcycle license for under 6 yrs you are now considered Unexperienced Riders and will pay the top premuim cost for your bike and no longer does the insurance go by your Bike CC's it's now by the Value of the bike and also the area your in......Dude my insurance for my bike went from $435 to $947.......:cursin: :cursin: :wtf:

:bash: Does anyone know if they offer seasonal motorcycle insurance for like only the 6 ridable months of the year????????????

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Man...That has got to suck. The seasonal part you are going to have to call your insurance company about. Some offer it and some don't. Good luck.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
That would actually save me some money! :lol:
:sorry: Hope something works out for you! :luck:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, that would definately suck!! But if you look at it in a different light, it's better. Sportbikes are too close to getting dumped by all insurance companies. Because too many new riders are racking up too much in claims! So this would be the better of the 2. But I feel for ya.... :sorry:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have Dairyland on my old Suzuki. I always pay for the full year, but they used to offer part year. Call and see if they still offer 6 and 9 month insurance.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
State Farm only does full year! Mine just went up a bit due to all this legal junk and the state crap.... but still only $500 a year...

·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
State Farm only does full year! Mine just went up a bit due to all this legal junk and the state crap.... but still only $500 a year...
How many bikes do you cover?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doesn't help that i dumped my gixxer and soaked the insurance $1500 to repair it.........

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
$1500.... that's it??

I got my insur. for about $7G within the first 3 months... all comp claims!!

·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
$1500.... that's it??

I got my insur. for about $7G within the first 3 months... all comp claims!!
And thats why we pay so much for it! :sob:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Nope not me!!

1st claim... bike blew over in a really bad storm.... comp claim on my bike and the adjuster said it was the third one from the same night along with many household claims...

2nd was a semi truck tire getting lodged in my back tire causing my chain to break! :whistle: :wink:

·
20,168 Posts
My insurance bill for 6 months is $1965 with multi vehicle discount. It sucks! :cursin:
Full coverage
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 V10
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2004 Ducati 998
2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

Liability
1996 Ducati M900 Monster
1968 Ford F100 2X

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That ain't bad.... mine is like $475 a month!!! for my '04 truck, her '05 Equinox, '02 9R, house, and her ring....

$475 x 6 = $2850 :rant: :cursin:

·
Registered
133 Posts
All insurance companies offer seasonal insurance. When you put your bike away for the winter, call your agent and tellm them you need to remove the collision. Tell them it's in storage and they will understand. Your rates should drop a fair amount since the collision is the expensive part. If you pay for the whole year up front, they will refund you the difference. Yes Gas, Even state farm does this, I just swicthed to them this fall, saved about 50% from Progressive

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I just don't bother with it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts