Two Wheel Forums banner

What's your favorite piece of luggage to use?

• Tank Bag

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Book Bag

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Saddle Bag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tail Bag

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your preferred type of luggage to use on your MC!

My first piece is my JR Blaster tank bag (see pic 1)

Then I'll add a book bag. Either a simple leather one or my new Buell bag I just got.

Then I have (and haven't used yet) a set of JR sport saddle bags. They are real nice and I have them if I need them!

What about you guys?

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
i got the tank bag and it comes in handy. I gotta wear a reflective vest comin on base and it sucks trying to get it over my book bag. So I always use the tank bag. i don't like putting on my paint but it's not bad. You just have to make sure there's nothing on the bottom to scratch your tank up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I usually always used my backpack, but it's getting too hot for that, and especially on long trips it starts to hurt the back quite a bit. So just tonight I went and bought a black Tour Master Cortech Sport tail bag. Even got a chance to try it out already... works great! :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I tried the tank bag on the SV but on the twisties the bag wanted to fall off to the side. I just use the storage space under the seat cowl. If its too big, I don't need it...i'm on the bike not in the cage.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I use a Suzuki tank bag I got in 1997.
I only remember that because it was free with the bike. :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Third...how does that "strap" to the bike?

SV, I take my tank bag all the time and it hasn't gave me problems... twisty, small wheelies, or 150+ speeds...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Really like my Givi voyager tail bag :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Mostly a back pack. DaKine snowboard pack to be exact. its got straps hanging off everywhere but its all i have and it'll do.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I got two different backpacks. One is like "for bikes" and the other is left-over parts from the Army (a brand new 'day pack'). That's what I'll be taking to the AMA race this weekend cause I'll have a camelback and digicamera in it. Well, I don't know, I may just take the other bag. That U.S.Army bag is kinda big and clunky.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gas Man, it's got 4 bungee type straps with plastic hooks on the end. Then there's the two loops on the passenger pegs and two little tabs on the back of the tail to hook them onto. Holds on nice and tight. I can get a picture tomorrow if you'd like to see it

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'd like to see it! Sounds similar to how my JR saddle bags would hook up... something I bought but have yet to be used...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Alright here ya go Gas! Oh yea and I forgot to mention, you can't see them in the pics really, but it also has extra straps near where the bungees come out to attach the matching saddle bags that go with this one.

I do worry though if the bungee straps are going to scratch the paint or not. I hope they don't!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
You can put soft plastic tubing (WalMart Crafts section, pluming or like HomeDepot sells it) that'll add some cushioning to the hooks so it don't scratch your paint. Or you can go to a sporting goods store and get "grip tape" like you'd use on a ice hockey stick and wrap that around the hooks. That won't scratch your paint either.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
You can put soft plastic tubing (WalMart Crafts section, pluming or like HomeDepot sells it) that'll add some cushioning to the hooks so it don't scratch your paint. Or you can go to a sporting goods store and get "grip tape" like you'd use on a ice hockey stick and wrap that around the hooks. That won't scratch your paint either.
Sweet! I forgot all about that stuff! :bash: I'll have to run over there tomorrow and see if I can find it

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Third...that looks good and similar to the saddle bag set up that I have...that I have never used... glad to hear it holds up to the wind!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bounce this one for some good X-Mas gift ideas!!!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Ha Ha I got my new saddle bags for my birthday. Iv only used them once so far and the damn straps rubbed the paint through to the plastic. :cursin:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
i got the tank bag and it comes in handy. I gotta wear a reflective vest comin on base and it sucks trying to get it over my book bag. So I always use the tank bag. i don't like putting on my paint but it's not bad. You just have to make sure there's nothing on the bottom to scratch your tank up.
When I rode on base, I also had to have a reflective vest. I wanted to use a book bag, so I acquired two reflective belts from supply and would put them in the form of an 'X' across the backpack. I had the reflective vest on the front, and the big 'X' on the back. It worked great and I didn't get hassled by the SPs.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I just picked this up. Along with a ramp and a Pitbull rear stand. Cycle gear had a good deal going on that included interest free. The bag's primary color is black so just imagine the red being black and vice versa. It's a nice bag. The bottom is raised so I won't scratch my solo cowl if I sit back on the seat.

Sorry Jeeps, but I don't need those stands anymore.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts