Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in another thread....

Michigan has changed their MC plate expiration dates. It use to be that every MC plate expired on March 31st. Now they will expire on the owners b-day. I don't care either way...

What about your state's experation date and how much??

Mine isn't too bad...only $3 more than last year to get me to May 2006...total $26!

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
:scratch: Hmmm wierd... I just got mine in the mail yesterday... Still March 31st, even though my b-day is in Jan.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pay carefull attention. It says your current tags expire on Mar 31.... then in the middle of the renewal notice... says

**see insert for law changes fee based on new expiration date of mm/dd/yyyy

it is just left of the barcode

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ours also expire on your b-day, which is December for me, and that's both MC and autos. If I remember right it's $35 or something close to that. Up in IL where I used to live it was $78 to renew your tag!! :cursin:

·
Registered
955 Posts
massachusettes ends on the last day in december for bike plates...the inspection stickers all run to march of the following year....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If I am correct... the MC tags here in PA expire on the last day of the month that you started the insurance... but I could be wrong! :scratch:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I don't remember. I normally sell my bikes before I have them a full year and get a new one. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
In Colorado, the tags are good for a year no matter what month you get the plates. We used to have bike inspections, but they did away with it years ago.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
In North Carolina
TAG $12
we get stickers on the mounth you regester your bike or car good for one year.

INSPECTION I dont rember I think its $9.75 or $10.50
The inspection sticker is the same way, if you laps on the inspection, most shops will start a new year when it is inspected.
I have went for over 2 years with one bike with out getting it inspected. Ended up spending $100 + new sticker $15 fine $85 court coast. :cursin:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Chit, we have county tax, wheel tax and a state registration fee. Total for one year is $124 for my new R6.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Chit, we have county tax, wheel tax and a state registration fee. Total for one year is $124 for my new R6.
I didn't include tax's! That varies for the value of the vehicle and has to be paid or you don't get the new sticker for the tag. :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Here in Michigan it's just $23 a year.... this year everybody's is a little different due to prorated fees in trying to get the dates from March31st to whenever your b-day is. But still just $23 a year...no more!!!

$124!!!! That BLOWS!!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Captain Morgan said:

Only pay California State registration fee once per year, starting with first registration date.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Glad we don't have to arse with all of that inspection stuff here, eh Gas Man?
yeah, that's one good thing about Indiana. NO DAMNED INSPECTIONS!!!!!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
Glad we don't have to arse with all of that inspection stuff here, eh Gas Man?
Heck ya!! Not too mention I like the standard b-day expiration!! I would hate to have to remember which day I registered the dang thing!! :bash:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys...especially in Michigan... don't forget to renew your plates!!! They will be expiring at the end of the month...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts