Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most people don't know this, but Oklahoma has more shoreline with the rivers and lakes than any other state. With that said, it's state law that you go to a lake for summer holidays. There's about 4 lakes that are huge party lakes. I'm going to Grand, and it along with Texhoma are by far the biggest party lakes.

Some time this evening I should be sitting here with beer in hand:

Saturday and Sunday it's mandatory to tie up at Dripping Springs, which is like a giant beer guzzling Girls Gone Wild fest.

*No nudity here, but there are bikinis, etc. . so it may be NWS.*
http://gldrippingsprings.com/_wsn/page5.html
http://gldrippingsprings.com/_wsn/page2.html

There are huge poker runs there every year. I've yet to do one, we have a 27' Baja, but it won't hang with the big dogs. This Apache is out there every year:

We're still in the middle of storm season, so as long as I don't have to spend my evenings watching this:

. . I should be alright. :D

So jetski, that's why I'm not going to the cruise in. :cheers: :party:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I go to the cemetary to visit both my grandpa's graves. Then we get together as a family for a BBQ :pat:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Grand Lake... :drool:
\I'm just waiting till the 4th of July for my turn.... :drool:

Are you riding up or even taking your bike...?
Tell us (me) about the roads in the area...<Q-Popcorn Smilie>

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
THat was like a mini Pigface documentary of his memorial day to come. :cheers:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Snakemann, 99birdV6 and I are planning a little ride down by the Gulf, maybe a blast through the forest and a family cookout for all of us out at the new house! I'll get some pics posted this weekend, I still have film in my instamatic...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bikerdude said:
I go to the cemetary to visit both my grandpa's graves. Then we get together as a family for a BBQ :pat:
That's cool. . :cool: One of my grandpa's fought in WWI, the other fought in WWII. I never knew either of them, though, they were dead before I was born. :pat:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Pigface1 said:
That's cool. . :cool: One of my grandpa's fought in WWI, the other fought in WWII. I never knew either of them, though, they were dead before I was born. :pat:

My Grandpa was in WWII. The stories he has and pictures etc are AMAZING! Lucky to still have him around.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Low said:
Grand Lake... :drool:
\I'm just waiting till the 4th of July for my turn.... :drool:

Are you riding up or even taking your bike...?
Tell us (me) about the roads in the area...<Q-Popcorn Smilie>
I'm driving my car and leaving the bike. . there's too much traffic up there on the holiday weekends, and 90% of the traffic is intoxicated. lol However, there are some incredible roads all around that lake, particularly around a town called Tiahuana (I think that's how they spell it. .it's not the same as Tijuana, but close). However, I haven't decided if I want to ride those roads or not, too many ******** in beat up trucks etc that might find bike stomping a sport. :lol:

Let me know if you're heading up, I'm usually there every 4th as well.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bumblebee said:
Snakemann, 99birdV6 and I are planning a little ride down by the Gulf, maybe a blast through the forest and a family cookout for all of us out at the new house! I'll get some pics posted this weekend, I still have film in my instamatic...
That sounds like fun, I wish I rode when I still lived in Florida. Be safe. . :cheers:

And yes, a whole lot of cooking out needs to take place. :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Most lake/river shore line... :skep: I live in the Great Lakes state!

Either way... that looks awesome and hope you enjoy it! I'll be rippin it up on the GAP to celebrate what the men & women that have died/or been injured to protect!

They want everybody to have the freedom that we enjoy! Just give them and their families a moment of thought and prayer and enjoy!

:pat:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2FURYUS said:
Pig that lake looks huge..... and looks like you got the setup. :thumbs:

Goin to the beach....bought a new RV and gonna go relax and have a few cocktails. :lol: :cheers:
It's pretty damn big, and there's some great bass fishing, etc. It's not the biggest in the state, but you can burn gas at $3.00 per gallon like it's going out of style. :lol:

I'd love to have an RV, but it's a catch-22. If you own it, you have to drive it. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a few cocktails to keep the pallet wet. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gas Man said:
Most lake/river shore line... :skep: I live in the Great Lakes state!

Either way... that looks awesome and hope you enjoy it! I'll be rippin it up on the GAP to celebrate what the men & women that have died/or been injured to protect!

They want everybody to have the freedom that we enjoy! Just give them and their families a moment of thought and prayer and enjoy!

:pat:
I know about the shoreline, it's bizarre.

Have fun at the gap, and you're right about the holiday.. a lot of people lose sight of what it's all for. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Pigface1 said:
It's pretty damn big, and there's some great bass fishing, etc. It's not the biggest in the state, but you can burn gas at $3.00 per gallon like it's going out of style. :lol:

I'd love to have an RV, but it's a catch-22. If you own it, you have to drive it. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a few cocktails to keep the pallet wet. :rofl:

That's one of the nice things bout an RV...you hook up the bike on a trailer...get to where your goin....do your ridin'...
and then you can have a few cocktails and ya got a place to crash out w/o having to drive again. :lol:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'll probably practice riding and then go to my Aunt's house for a cook-out. And if not, last minute cook-out plans will be at my house. :lol: It' the only weekend my hubby doesn't have a DJing gig. :cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts