Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear tire has a slow leak that i cant find. Its very annoying! I need to replace it asap. I want to replace my current Bridgestone 020's with Pirelli Diablos but cant afford both front and rear right now. I know tires have diffrent profiles for diffrent applications, but would a Bridgestone 020 (fr) and a Pirelli Diablo (re) work? Or would it upset the bikes stability. :here: :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
Is the leak in the valve? The front and rear are almost always different sizes, and even the same brand often have different thread patterns. The profile changes as the tire wears, so as long as you don't mix radial and bias-ply tires this should be fine.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
They do rock! And GOOD LUCK with the mis-match! You have more faith than I...I could never do that!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
My rear tire has a slow leak that i cant find. Its very annoying! I need to replace it asap. I want to replace my current Bridgestone 020's with Pirelli Diablos but cant afford both front and rear right now. I know tires have diffrent profiles for diffrent applications, but would a Bridgestone 020 (fr) and a Pirelli Diablo (re) work? Or would it upset the bikes stability. :here: :help:
ive heard that the mis match will make the bike unstable but then again i dont think it will :dthumb:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Bull...I'm sorry but you have no voice on this... let us know what you think when you have about 5 years of hard street riding.... :sorry:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
thats why i said i heard that :tt: i know that it dosent have an effect on the dirt so thats what i was getting at :bonk: :lol: my bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Enjoy the mismatch!
I would dump the Bridgestone as soon as you can afford it.
Exactly.

Mis-matching brands is a really bad idea. The front and rear tires are designed to work together, and every tire manufacturer has a different design. And not just profile either - carcass stiffness, sidewall flex, etc, etc.

*Most* of the time ... it won't be horrible and the bike is not going to be unridable, but it's not going to handle like it should. The other side effect is tire wear being increased.

- Brian Roach
SpeedWerks.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SpeedWerks.com said:
Exactly.

Mis-matching brands is a really bad idea. The front and rear tires are designed to work together, and every tire manufacturer has a different design. And not just profile either - carcass stiffness, sidewall flex, etc, etc.

*Most* of the time ... it won't be horrible and the bike is not going to be unridable, but it's not going to handle like it should. The other side effect is tire wear being increased.

- Brian Roach
SpeedWerks.com
The Pirelli front is coming soon. :thumbs: I just HAD to get the rear one because of the leak and didnt want another Bridgestone 020. Thanks everyone for the imput, i got exactly the help i needed :dthumb:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
I personally don't think so, but I'm biased. :) :cheers:

Laura
They are the best. There shipping is so fast and they give you 20% discount if you have a race card and you put their stickers on the each side of the bike take a pic and email it them.

Speedworks do you guys do that? If so I might start getting my parts from you.

If anyone what to get the race schooling for free let me know and I can help you out. I posted this on the WOS board but the members are to reply so now Im opening to my TWF buddies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
twisty said:
Speedworks do you guys do that? If so I might start getting my parts from you.
Nope. Of course, that's mainly because 20% off would be below my cost on a lot of things. While giving away stuff is fun, we have to eat :)

When you see racebikes with our logo and name on them, it's there because we built, tuned, or maintain the bike as we're actually a performance shop that specializes in sport bikes and works on them every day.

Or they're our bikes, since we're actually at many race weekends and NESBA track days every year to both compete and support our customers.

- Brian Roach
SpeedWerks.com
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
Nope. Of course, that's mainly because 20% off would be below my cost on a lot of things. While giving away stuff is fun, we have to eat :)

When you see racebikes with our logo and name on them, it's there because we built, tuned, or maintain the bike as we're actually a performance shop that specializes in sport bikes and works on them every day.

Or they're our bikes, since we're actually at many race weekends and NESBA track days every year to both compete and support our customers.

- Brian Roach
SpeedWerks.com
So you guys have a dyno and all those other goodies that set them up to go fast??
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top