Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
WOW I saw that as well a while back. That dog was suppose to be put to sleep and the owner now taught it how to walk like that. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is just sick!!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Well, I've seen several dogs walk on their hind legs for short periods of time, so why not keep the dog alive if he can still get around?

·
Registered
893 Posts
As silly as that looks, I applaud the owner for doing that. A dog can still live a happy healthy life without its limbs. They even have special wheel chairs for dogs without the use of their limbs. It makes me happy to see people like that. There are too many people out there that put their animals to sleep over senseless s#@$!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
As silly as that looks, I applaud the owner for doing that. A dog can still live a happy healthy life without its limbs. They even have special wheel chairs for dogs without the use of their limbs. It makes me happy to see people like that. There are too many people out there that put their animals to sleep over senseless s#@$!
Thats Faith the Bi-Ped dog!
http://www.faiththedog.net/

:dthumb:

I second what SWerks said! Just like people there are dogs that have handicaps such as mobile impairement, deaf, and blind who are able to get along in life with a little help from special owners like the people who are Faith's guardians. I have fostered deaf ones in the past, and currently have a blind foster dog that you would hardly know she's blind once she has the floor plan down.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I knew you'd key up in this thread Pippi!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Wow... That is pretty amazing.. I like to see that shyt first hand.. My cat likes to open cupboards and doors like that but no walking around or anything.. He is a smart little bastard though - he almost can open a door with a knob - not a round knob - the long decrative knob if you know what I mean.. He latches on and hangs off the door until it unlatches and then tries to pull it open.. He also opens the shower door.. He is too funny..

Yeah I third that - why put him down when he can get around just fine.. I had a cat with 3 paws once - other than him howling at night sometimes and cutting the missing paw leg open once in awhile he was just fine.. He lived a good long life..

·
Registered
893 Posts
I did a lot of research because I was going to open a dog daycare, and spend many hours with my friend who is a vet. It's just sick what some people will do to animals. Some animals may have a lifetime disease, like diabetes, and people will put their animal to sleep because they don't feel like dealing with that. It truly irrates the, well, you know out of me. I am super passionate when it comes to animal stuff. We treat all of our animals like they are our children because, well, they are! :)

I just wish there were more people out there who had a passion for speaking up for animals because they just can't do it themselves. Trust me, don't ever let me see you leave your dog in a car on a hot day! It's not pretty! ;)

-- Laura

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
until I saw that link, I had no idea WTF was going on with that poor dog !!! By wow, what a great story!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
2FURYUS said:
At first I thought this was a joke.....very impressive. :dthumb:

I thought the same thing the first time I heard or saw it till I read the whole story and fouind out what had happen.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Thats what DJ looks like when carrie lays the smack down on him!! :lol: :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Thats what DJ looks like when carrie lays the smack down on him!! :lol: :lol:
OH SNAP!!! Too funny N4S!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
I did a lot of research because I was going to open a dog daycare, and spend many hours with my friend who is a vet. It's just sick what some people will do to animals. Some animals may have a lifetime disease, like diabetes, and people will put their animal to sleep because they don't feel like dealing with that. It truly irrates the, well, you know out of me. I am super passionate when it comes to animal stuff. We treat all of our animals like they are our children because, well, they are! :)

I just wish there were more people out there who had a passion for speaking up for animals because they just can't do it themselves. Trust me, don't ever let me see you leave your dog in a car on a hot day! It's not pretty! ;)

-- Laura
I agree just don't go getting all PETA on me and standing in front of the trail to the woods when I go hunting.. I am liable to shoot you right before I shoot the deer.. Wildlife Conservation is a necessaity.. That doesn't mean you don't respect the animals but it does mean that you do what man has been doing for thousands of years.. So yes I will hunt and I will fish but I will treat the wildlife as God intended - with due respect, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts