Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Nice video but I didn't likr the last comment by the guy...we have no intentions in slowing down, we just want you and everyone else to get out of our ways. :wtf: :cursin: What makes him think he can say that about us. He has probley never rode a day in his life. :bash:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Man they pulled out all the crap we've been posting about here. The SUV that was involved with the sportbike. Not the MC's fault...this is the ultimate example of squids hurtin the rest of us!!

There was a similar video in d-town...I'll find it and post it up!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
OMG :eek: Fatalities are up 70% since 1997. I do have to say though, that the guys are being very irresponsible when it comes to them videoing theirselve rolling down the highway doing a handstand on the bike. It is one thing to do this on an empty highway but not when there plenty other cars out there. :(

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I wish we could put together a totally ridiculous newscast... show like a priest driving like crap, and then blow the story out of proportion and have the headlines read "Priests: Could they be the number one danger on the road?" or something equally as absurd...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That idiot newscaster need to STFU! It isn't eveyone that is unsafe. He should've been a lawyer instead of a news journalist. He likes to prosecute something he knows nothing about. Granted I'm not one to talk, because I don't ride yet. But I know somethings from asking questions, reseach and talking to Matt. I want to be sure I take procautions so I don't end up like some of those squids did!

I'm not against stunting. I LOVE to watch them being performed. But there should be a time and place for it. IF the road is deserted, hell why not pull a wheelie. But doing it in a super conjested area is dangerous. I DON'T ride yet, and may get a lot of slack for being so critical. I just don't want anyone to get hurt or worse. :2cents:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
OMG :eek: Fatalities are up 70% since 1997. I do have to say though, that the guys are being very irresponsible when it comes to them videoing theirselve rolling down the highway doing a handstand on the bike. It is one thing to do this on an empty highway but not when there plenty other cars out there. :(
It's all in the context!!! What they're not telling you is what percentage has the number of MC riders went up!!! Not to mention that the # a fatalities hasn't went up just due to sportbike riders! It's Hogs, BMWs, and everything else...it is complete crock of crap!! :rant: :cursin:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I also agree that these statistics are very much one sided many times by the media...rarely do they ever tell the entire story, or give both sides of the fence. As with anything else, when you get more of it, there's bound to be some problems at some point.

We're constantly getting new licensed young drivers out on the road every year, but for some reason, those statistics never make quite as many headlines as motorcycle ones do.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
I call it natural selection...
This is true...but I hate to see people look badly upon us for squids like that!!!

I mean, take WOS, for example....Yeah, we ride fast, yeah a few of us do 170 on public roads and split lanes....but we do give back as well. Like the Ride for Roger, and the Childrens Burn Center fundraising that we did jointly with Rec. Bikes are a group that you can always count on to give back to the community! It has always been like that and the NEGATIVE NEWS and media just never seems to focus on that!!! :cursin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts