Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
A snippet:

PROGRESSIVE STUDIES MORE THAN 2 MILLION MOTORCYCLES;
FINDS WHICH BIKES ARE MOST AND LEAST LIKELY TO BE STOLEN, CRASHED

MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio (June 20, 2005) - A recent study of claims data on more than two million motorcycles insured over the past three years by The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies, the country's largest motorcycle insurer, uncovers the makes and models of bikes most and least likely to be stolen or crashed.

Motorcycle Thefts:

Most Likely to be Stolen Least Likely to be Stolen
1. Suzuki GSX-R Series 1. Suzuki Savage
2. Yamaha YZF Series 2. BMW R1200C
3. Honda CBR Series 3. Honda Rebel Series
4. Suzuki Hayabusa 4. Honda Shadow Series
5. Kawasaki Ninja Series 5. Yamaha V-Star

Motorcycle Crashes:

Most Likely to be Crashed Least Likely to be Crashed
1. Suzuki GSX-R Series 1. Yamaha Virago Series
2. Kawasaki Ninja Series 2. Honda Rebel Series
3. Suzuki TLR 3. Suzuki Savage
4. Yamaha YZF Series 4. Harley-Davidson FXR
5. Honda CBR Series 5. BMW R1200C

So what does this mean for bikers?

If you choose a motorcycle that's involved in more crashes or is stolen more often you'll most likely pay more for insurance.

"Insurance rates are based on a lot of information about you and your driving record as well as the make and model bike you ride," said Rick Stern, motorcycle product manager, Progressive. "If you buy a bike that's stolen often, you may pay more for comprehensive coverage, and if you buy a bike that is involved in more crashes then you may pay more for collision. We want bikers to be aware of what drives rates so they can make better, more informed insurance decisions."

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well, the poll/study wasn't on the most expensive to repair...otherwise I'm sure it would be up there along with Duc...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I wonder how they figure "Most likely to be crashed/Least likely to be crashed"? :skep: I assume its that take thier data on accidents and find the the top 5 modes (most frequent) for all the bikes and generate their numbers that way.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well, the poll/study wasn't on the most expensive to repair...otherwise I'm sure it would be up there along with Duc...
:here: How do you come to that. :scratch:
I spent less repairing the Duc than the Gixxer.
The Duc had a lot more damage! :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Sorry, it's the 2 hours of sleep over the last three days talking...
:cry:
Is that cause of a newbie in the house?

Jeeps.... I would think you would have more ease fixing a GSXR off ebay parts than a Duc!

·
Registered
17 Posts
from what I’ve found in the town that I live in is that your most likely to be drunk on a Harley and not on a sports bike because those that ride sports bikes don’t ride them to the bars only the red necks on Harley and Harley want to be's drink and ride

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
tecknomage said:
from what I’ve found in the town that I live in is that your most likely to be drunk on a Harley and not on a sports bike because those that ride sports bikes don’t ride them to the bars only the red necks on Harley and Harley want to be's drink and ride

:iagree: :withstupi , that's the two CSM/SGM's that got into accidents here in El Paso, Tx.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2FURYUS said:
And the most likely to be crashed because some Yami or Kawi rider stole it... in lust. :D
So we pay for everyone elses mistakes over the years even though I have never claimed an accident report on a motorcycle and havn't had one stolen yet in 35 years:THAT SUX.
And why would i lust after an overweight sportcruiser that only shines past 190 mph (which is not for me)and has a hugh cyclops looking front end. :skep:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
r1sharknose said:
And why would i lust after an overweight sportcruiser that only shines past 190 mph (which is not for me)and has a hugh cyclops looking front end. :skep:

Apparently their for a whole lota somebodies....#1 stolen bike.

Read the original post again...GSXR SERIES.... :skep:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts