Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is nice to know that motorcycle racing was more popular this past Sunday than watching some Nascar Nextel Cup burn outs and rejects race some fiberglass trucks.

The following release is from Speed Channel...

SPEED Channel's broadcast of the MogoGP World Championship from LeMans, France on Sunday, May 15 was the highest rated motorcycle race broadcast of 2005. The 1-2 p.m. EST broadcast was seen by 503,000 viewers, the most to ever watch a motorcycle race on SPEED Channel. Additionally, the MotoGP race was SPEED Channel's highest rated program of the day (M18-34 & M18-49), outdelivering the live telecast of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race.

The LeMans telecast delivered the highest motorcycle race ratings of the year:

M18-34 - .88 (previous highest rated; SPEED Channel MotoGP 5/1/05 - .85)

M18-49 - .62 (previous highest rated; SPEED Channel MotoGP 5/1/05 & espn2 Supercross 2/27/05 - .53)

M25-54 - .61 (previous highest rated; espn2 Supercross 1/30/05 - .57)

P2+ (Total Viewers) - .31 (previous highest rated; espn2 Supercross 1/30/05 - .29)

SPEED Channel MotoGP ratings (season-to-date):

M18-34 - .55 (+139% higher than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .23)

M18-49 - .36 (+33% higher than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .27)

M25-54 - .34 (17% higher than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .29)

Additionally, AMA Superbike on SPEED Channel continues to draw large audiences. Season-to-date ratings (4 events/7 races)

HH - .27 (4% higher than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .26)

M18-49 - .24 (11% lower than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .27)

M25-54 - .30 (3% higher than 2005 espn2 Supercross average of .29)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'll watch the big NASCAR races, but I totally agree. There are too many other good racing series to hog that channel. Hell, I want some f'n offshore powerboats! When I lived in Ft Lauderdale we'd see and hear those things constantly, they're unbelievable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to watch Speed when it was speedvision, not Speed Channel, before Nascar bought it and turned it into 24 hours of Nascar news. Where did all of the other racing go? I wanna see WRC, dirt track, vintage, lemans, f1, go-karts, and all that other crazy shiz like the motorcycles on the frozen lakes.

If I wanted to watch something go around in a circle I would tie a sock to my puppy's tail or try to flush a pingpong ball

p.s. I can't take credit for that last quote, I read it somewhere else.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bumblebee said:
We keep posting numbers like that, we might get the Speed channel away from the "Nascar Nation"
Nascar this Morning, Nascar Nation, I dont know the title but there's the show that the 4 guys break down every part of the race - yawn, Nascar Garage, Inside Nextel Cup Racing, Happy Hour, Qualifying, Reruns, Busch Cup, NBS 24/7, blah blah

I'm surprised that they didn't break into the Moto GP race to announce that Jeff Gordon had a bowel movement. :flush:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Honestly, how long can you talk about pushrod, carbureted, straight axle cars that turn left.

:bthorse:

Did you hear about Dale Earnhardt Jr's crash on the roadcoarse a while ago in his C5R. Apparently he came up on an obstacle that he's never had to deal with before, a right turn.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Willis said:
Did you hear about Dale Earnhardt Jr's crash on the roadcoarse a while ago in his C5R. Apparently he came up on an obstacle that he's never had to deal with before, a right turn.
So when he and his dad drove the C5R to 3rd place overall in the 24 Hours of Daytona, that must've been luck. :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts