Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there, know where i could find CAD files of Motorcycle parts?

What i'm looking for is 3d models of bike parts. anything. but mainly 98+ katana parts.

I guess i could allways buy this info from suzuki directly but that might prove to be very costly for what i'm doing.

What do you aftermarket guys base your components off of? Do you measure existing parts and create a master model to work off of, or do you just fab from scratch on a donor bike to create your master, and write your nc programs off that?

I have many questions regarding this process, so if someone in the aftermarket business could respond, i would appreciate it. thanks, Dan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Waht system are you running? Do a search on the web and you may be surprised. I was able to track down entire bike files for AutoCAD. They were just skins though, no actual guts or parts. A lot of people are digitizing their bikes and importing them into games, but finding actual parts may be a little more difficult. You may have to reverse engineer them. P.S. Don't be surprised if the OEM is more then just a bit reluctant to give out that CAD data. Even for a price, they may not be willing to seel depending on what part you are looking for.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. the only available data i have found on the web, is just for rendering, and is pretty basic.

At work we mainly run Mechanical desktop 4.0 (not entirely sure on the version) and Rhino for surface editing. We also have a seat for Ug but that is mainly for translating data received from GM.

Heres a link to KatRiders where i asked the same question. There are more replys over there, and might be of help to someone else with the same type of questions

Same thread over at katriders

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
i guess nobody knows about this thread :lol: not to much replies :sorry: wish i could help :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
No, I just don't have any input on it! That's all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts