Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I heard on the news last night about a motorcycle chase that was being followed by a helicoper and the guy ended up in a parking garage. He would have gotten away but he didn't report his bike stolen till the following day..

Come on Bee where's the news article on this????

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Depending on where he kept the bike, it would be completely possible to NOT know until the following day, or even later, that it had been stolen. Hell, some people keep their bike in a different garage or shed and they don't actually look at it every day of their lives. There had to be something else to tip off the police as to the fact that HE was the one riding the bike during the chase.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
He was stupid enough to leave the plate on it...he abandoned it in a public parking garage with cameras...when he showed up to file the report, after about 5 minutes of questioning they had him

Besides...Here is the article complete with pics...

Elusive Biker Asks CHP To File Theft Report After Pursuit

LOS ANGELES - CHP officers on Wednesday arrested a motorcyclist who led authorities on a high-speed chase Tuesday afternoon, from Santa Clarita to the Glendale Galleria. Alvaro Rodriguez, 26, of Santa Clarita, was taken into custody about 9:30 a.m. at the California Highway Patrol's West Valley Area office, said California Highway Patrol officials.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8245882/

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Honestly, did he have it at full throttle? I didn't know that police helicopters could keep up at like 150+ mph :scratch:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He didn't! I knew it was a R6 from the helicoper vid.... looked like he was only doing about 100mph... helicopers are good for about 140mph. But where they get you is no traffic and line of sight!

I knew our news guy would find it... way to go Bee!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gas Man said:
He didn't! I knew it was a R6 from the helicoper vid.... looked like he was only doing about 100mph... helicopers are good for about 140mph. But where they get you is no traffic and line of sight!

I knew our news guy would find it... way to go Bee!
Dad always said, "Can't outrun the radio."

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The radio does little good if they don't know where I go and a description of my bike...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts