Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drum roll please........

BMW R1200GS

Whats your thoughts...? Personally, if they were looking for an all around motorcycle that could "do it all" for this honor...BMW would win, hands down every year, because your certainly not going to take CBR1000RR out onto the trail, or ride it the same as you would this BMW. So personally, its a great bike, no doubt, but not my choice for this award. So obviously the critera changes it each year, if you ask me...but, eh oh well..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other winners..

Sportrider is due to announce theirs in their October issue, which I havent gotten yet, so stay tuned for that..my money is on the GSXR 750..but we'll see.

Anywho, other Motorcyclists Awards for 2004

Best Sportbike...GSXR 750.

Best Naked Bike...Aprilia Tuono

Best Touring Bike...Yamaha FJR1300

Best Band for the Buck...Suzuki SV650 (there you go Shan :) )

Best Cruiser...Triumph Rocket III

..so unless Sportrider is that far off of Motorcyclist, looks like the 750 has a pretty shot for their MOTY honors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got Cycle World's Master Bike issue yesterday. Guess who's the master bike at the track for 2004..........................

That's right! Team Green's new ZX-10R

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
R1200GS is a great bike, but wouldn't be my choice either. I think the criteria changes depending on who is paying the editors the most that year. :p

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KP01F4i said:
I got Cycle World's Master Bike issue yesterday. Guess who's the master bike at the track for 2004..........................

That's right! Team Green's new ZX-10R

Thoughts?
I love the ZX10R..a kick a$$ ride that does just about everything well. I'd have no problems with it. :cheers:

·
Registered
264 Posts
my pick would have been a busa of course LOL
I've seen and ride'n a BMW and they are nice as ever. They come with everything stock. Can't beat that. It kinda suffers in looks, but that's about it. JMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.