Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of our Michigan members, who are not at the Gap...shed some light on this tragedy??

Vehicle Hits Man After Bike Crashes

POSTED: 7:50 am EDT June 3, 2005

A motorcyclist was killed after losing control and crashing his bike on the Lodge freeway early Friday morning.

An oncoming motorist hit the motorcyclist, who was down after crashing his bike, and killed him, Local 4 learned. The crash occurred just before 1 a.m. on the northbound Lodge freeway, north of Interstate 94, according to police.

The ramp from eastbound I-94 to the northbound Lodge freeway (M-10) was closed while Michigan State Police and the Detroit Police Department conducted their investigation, Local 4 reported.

The freeway was reopened at about 6 a.m., according to Local 4 reports.

The victim's name was not released pending family notification.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You've got the latest info there. Nothing new on this one. Actually, of all the news stations here, Channel 4 is the only one with anything on their site. I'll keep an eye on things though.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I (and another driver) could have had a similar incident with a bicyclist yesterday. I was traveling east on a city street and she and a friend were traveling west on the opposite shoulder. She hit a puddle that turned out to be a pothole and the bike nose-dived and then jumped up into the street. She saved it, but not before veering out into the path of a car traveling west behind her. She almost made it into my lane before stopping. Luckily, the car behind her was creeping along while waiting on me to go by so they could pass her. She got REALLY lucky.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
chev said:
You've got the latest info there. Nothing new on this one. Actually, of all the news stations here, Channel 4 is the only one with anything on their site. I'll keep an eye on things though.
Yeah that is a great amount of info... DOH!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That sucks Pip! I don't even like hearing about that stuff...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts