Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until about 10 years ago, there were plenty of places around here where you could go wide open throttle. Unfortunately, those places are now gone. There are only a few places that don't have cops, animals, SUV's, or 18-wheelers. You have to go towards Kansas, Wyoming, or New Mexico for high speed runs.

Used to be able to drag race on 16th Street, Downtown, but now that's a pedestrian mall. Used to be deserted along twisty Highway Six to the ghost towns of Central City and Black Hawk. Now they have grown into gambling towns and Highway Six is packed with trucks, cruisers, and tour buses.

They haven't ruined the tight twisties too much. SUV's and 18 wheelers don't like twisties, so they built some multi-lane highways. That takes most of the traffic off, but there are a lot more houses on the old twisty roads now. The good thing is, they have paved a lot of the tight dirt roads. That's where you will find me every weekend. :dthumb:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
We all dislike how it is today. They should made areas that we can ride and not have to worry about the speeds or cops or 18 wheelers. They have ride share lanes on lots of highways if you have 3 or more ppl in your car. Lets make a lane for motorcyles only. :dthumb: That would be sweet if they did. But we know they won't. :(

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
LIke that's ever gonna happen..NOT...the idea for them is to get us to slow down, not give us a reason to speed even more. Can you imagine the squids that would come out of the woodwork if they ever made a motorcycle only lane. :puke:

but alas, thats why we ride on 2 wheels..just split the lane buddy!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
LIke that's ever gonna happen..NOT...the idea for them is to get us to slow down, not give us a reason to speed even more. Can you imagine the squids that would come out of the woodwork if they ever made a motorcycle only lane. :puke:

but alas, thats why we ride on 2 wheels..just split the lane buddy!! :lol:

We know Gas Man loves to do this. And we follow. :dthumb:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Come on down to FLA!! we have many places here around Tally where you can let the Big Dog eat!!! We have some nice well paved, hardly travelled roads and even a few twisties!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Lets make a lane for motorcyles only. :dthumb: That would be sweet if they did.
The have somthing similar to this in Atlanta, GA..., I think it's called the HOV lane?? Anyway, it's along freeways in the city, and it's only for cycles and cars with multiple passangers. Not exactly what you're talking about, and it doesn't make it any more "fun" of a ride, but at least they were thinking about us....

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
There are still tons of places around here where you can go WOT. Of course, you take your chances, but in my guesstimation there's a small chance of getting caught unless you're at WOT for 10 minutes.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
We know Gas Man loves to do this. And we follow. :dthumb:
I would have done it alot more but I didn't know where I was going!!!! :withstupi

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
I would have done it alot more but I didn't know where I was going!!!! :withstupi

Its all good...we caught up to you. Next time you will have a bit more knowledge of where your at and keep going. We'll catch up to you. No worries there. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Its all good...we caught up to you. Next time you will have a bit more knowledge of where your at and keep going. We'll catch up to you. No worries there. :dthumb:

we had a hard enuff time keeping up with him on roads he didnt know..we wont stand a chance when were on his home turf...but damnit, we still keep on trying! :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh, come on I wouldn't loose you....that wouldn't be nice...I'll always look back!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
Oh, come on I wouldn't loose you....that wouldn't be nice...I'll always look back!!
yeah, at the stop signs... :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
yeah, at the stop signs... :lol:

Or a mile out in front of us on the highway and then looks back. :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Or a mile out in front of us on the highway and then looks back. :D
Hey I did look back...even when I was doing about 140...I still remembered you guys and looked back!!! :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
CrunchieJD said:
Only cuz I'll be behind him! :wink: :D
oh God Chris, see what you started by coming down here last weekend!! :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
oh God Chris, see what you started by coming down here last weekend!! :lol:
Oh, yeah...good point CJD! I'm going to have to ask you to look back! It is a bit harder to look back when I got a HOTT chick on back.... :dthumb: **

**I wouldn't actually have to, because I don't usually tear it up as bad when I have passengers, unless they want it. I just don't want to F up some HOTT chick in a crash.....**

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
Oh, yeah...good point CJD! I'm going to have to ask you to look back! It is a bit harder to look back when I got a HOTT chick on back.... :dthumb: **

**I wouldn't actually have to, because I don't usually tear it up as bad when I have passengers, unless they want it. I just don't want to F up some HOTT chick in a crash.....**
oh god..threadjacked by CJD!!! :flush: :D and chris, ur not helping matters any either.. :smash:

but for the record, she's all about tearing it up!! ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
:thumbs:
GSXR750DJ said:
We all dislike how it is today. They should made areas that we can ride and not have to worry about the speeds or cops or 18 wheelers. They have ride share lanes on lots of highways if you have 3 or more ppl in your car. Lets make a lane for motorcyles only. :dthumb: That would be sweet if they did. But we know they won't. :(

If you guys are ever in the maryland area let me know, there are some awesome places to ride out here in the stix, and their are rarely ever any cops. There are about 10 places i can think of that are totally straight and paved roads where riders from maryland hangout. One road i know of is near an old quarry out in the stix its really very pretty ( great veiws ) Takes a little time to get there but its totally worth it :thumbs: I' m bikeless but would be more then happy to show you around!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
foxracergirl said:
:thumbs:

If you guys are ever in the maryland area let me know, there are some awesome places to ride out here in the stix, and their are rarely ever any cops. There are about 10 places i can think of that are totally straight and paved roads where riders from maryland hangout. One road i know of is near an old quarry out in the stix its really very pretty ( great veiws ) Takes a little time to get there but its totally worth it :thumbs: I' m bikeless but would be more then happy to show you around!

name the time and place!! im there!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts