Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm going to say sorry for starting so many threads but there are so many questions that I have.

I'm taking the MSF Beginner course this week (weather permitting), then going to get my first bike. I was thinking about, after I ride for a while, maybe around like this time next year or summer of going to a motorcycle repair school to save some money on repairs and maintainence. Anyone have any ideas?

I've been doing some research on them and the only ones I find that are reputable is MMI but they are in Arizona and Florida. Anyone got any feedback on anything else? I don't wanna do some work to my bike and not know what I'm doing even if I'm following the manuals that are available.

Thanks again,

G

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
They are expensive as hell... but they will get your foot in the door at a shop. Which means you won't be making much, but you will get in to the business. That is everything I have gathered from reading previous posts and replies about MMI and such. Both those that have gone and gotten in to the industry and those that havent. Might want to see how hard it would be to get in as the low man on the totem pole at a shop first, and work your way up, depending on how capable you are on your own. If you aren't, school would be good :)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah POD, I figured that they were expensive as hell. I mean there are only one that I know of that is reputable but they should give anyone who rides the education for free!!!!

What you think?

G

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
JDogg had a thread on this exact subject...

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
see if you can get on at a local shop, sometimes they will school you there, thats how the shop i worked at did it

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Just try and learn the basics of an engine and what keeps it running. Buy a service manual and go to town. you'd be amazed how easy some of the stuff is. Check out r6messagenet.com there's tons of good info and they even have how to's with pictures. There's soooo many members and they all own R6's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts