Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sooo happy!! After not being able to ride in nearly a month and a half due to the wreck, by nearly midnight friday night my bike is now once again roadworthy! I had been waiting on my last package to arrive from Service Honda with my upper fairing brackets, half of the instrument cluster case, and a few other small things and bolts and screws and stuff. Anyways, it came on friday so I went right to work on it as soon as I got home. Here's a few before, in progress, and after pics that I took today... enjoy!

I think most of you remember what it looked like after the crash, but if not here's one

New subframe... came with the batter tray, but I used my old one so I didn't have to chop the fender off again

This is the old subframe when I was taking it out... yea, I'd say it's broken!

I was too excited and forgot to take pictures of all the other stuff as I was putting it in, so I'll jump right to the finished product. Took this as soon as I was done putting it back together, and after cleaning her up some

I took it for a ride friday night to make sure everything was ok, and let me tell you, she still rides like a dream! Some peeps said it'll never ride the same, but not this one! Still perfectly smooth, no vibrations, steering is tight and smooth, brakes are smooth... everything, perfect!! So saturday morning I met up with a few other peeps from our local forum and rode down to Homestead-Miami speedway to the STT trackday, and watched a bunch of our fellow local peeps (from this same forum) tearin' it up! I had a blast!

Then today I rode around some more, then went this afternoon to my 'photo spot' and took some more pics. Not the greatest cuz I didn't really clean it or anything before taking them, but it's not too bad

So good to see this little guy counting away again.... already put 394 miles on since friday night... and turned 28k today too

And last but not least.... one very happy thirdgenlxi

Now as for the insurance company...errr.... well I'm still fighting with them (literally). I haven't recieved a single penny yet, all this came out of my own pocket (but they don't have to know that!). I'm going this week to speak with an attorney, cuz I'm getting nowhere dealing with them myself. People always tell me I'm "too" nice of a person, and get taken advantage of quite easily, which is exactly what they're doing. Now that I've found out and have proof that they've been lying to me and putting it off, I think it's time to go hire a lawyer to do this dirty work. Insurance companies suck!!! :cursin:

Anyways, that's all I've got. Just wanted to share in my excitement!

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Congrats Man!!! :dthumb: Looks good as new!!! Im really glad you got it up and running again!!! Trust me I had a similar experience with repairing/getting tags for my bike, it was an absolute nightmare. Im sure its more worthwhile for you since your accident wasnt your fault. I bought mine damaged to repair (terrible idea BTW) :luck: with the insurance bastards and keep the rubber side down!

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!! :D It's actually not quite done though.... I still need to change the side plastics, tail plastic, front fender, pipe, front and rear brake levers, instrument cluster face plastic, the main wiring harness, and the right side bar end to make it just the way it was. I'm waiting on the insurance check though... I just wanted to buy the stuff necessary to make it rideable, which was the headlight with harness, front upper fairing, front signals, clutch cable, taillight, and rear subframe. The right side fairing I changed out with a spare one I had that only has a few scratches, so it looks alot better then the other one but still not perfect like it was. Still though, at least it looks presentable now, and best of all, I can ride it again!!

ne1469, no I haven't gotten a new helmet yet. On saturday on my way back from the track I stopped at Everything Motorcycles down in Miami cuz they were supposed to carry the AGV helmets (my local shop doesn't), but they only had one and it wasn't the right size. I'm gonna have to keep looking around for some place that carries them so I can try some on. Right now I'm using a spare helmet, just a plain black HJC, and a spare jacket. Once I get the insurance check I'll be buying new of both.

Anyways... lunch break it over, back to work :crazy: Thanks again for the compliments!!

· Registered
2,250 Posts
thirdgenlxi said:
ne1469, no I haven't gotten a new helmet yet. On saturday on my way back from the track I stopped at Everything Motorcycles down in Miami cuz they were supposed to carry the AGV helmets (my local shop doesn't), but they only had one and it wasn't the right size. I'm gonna have to keep looking around for some place that carries them so I can try some on. Right now I'm using a spare helmet, just a plain black HJC, and a spare jacket. Once I get the insurance check I'll be buying new of both.
I checked just about every shop here in Dallas as well..Its hard to find a dealer that caries lines of AGV helmets or Suomy..... :cry: Not even this european bike shop near by carries them :scratch:

:luck:

· Registered
9,794 Posts
WOW!!! That bike looks great again!! I really didn't think it was going to ride like a dream again, but you prooved me wrong. You did a great job getting the F4i back on the road. Now go get the A-(.)'s at the insurance company and show them wus up! :luck:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.