Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first flat yesturday. Luckily it wasn't in the middle of a turn. I met up with my buddy and his new 05 GSXr 1000 at 0600 on Sunday. He had a few of his buddies roll too. We were cruisin on the highway. There is like three real nice turns and I took 'em at like 110. Then a minute later my buddy tells me my tire looks low. So we all stopped and I was surprised to see how low it was. It was all the way flat. I'm just glad it didn't happen a minute earlier. It was also pretty close to my house. the only person with a rear seat was this dude with an 05 R6. He wasn't comfortable riding double up because it is his first bike and he only has 200 miles on it. He let me ride it to my house. Man, that bike is smooth. I could feel the difference in the 70 series front tire as opposed to my 60 series. I was kind of bummed about the flat but excited because I can now get some Piolots. that bike shop near me is still selling a set for 225 installed and I went to go buy them before someone else did. Well, it turns out all they had in stock was some 190's and they didn't know when they were getting more cuz they're on like a national back order or something so I'm just gonna replace my rear with the Metz M1 that is on it now. So I'll have to wait to try the Pilots and the 70 series but it could've been A LOT worse. It was the back by the way. Laters

·
Registered
387 Posts
Your Lucky, I had a back go at about 65 mph and I could barely keep the thing on the road. I was starting to look for a soft spot to aim for when it finally came under control, probably cause I was so hard on the front brake it was barely touching the pavement. Scared the crap out of me though!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is a good deal of luck. Glad it turned out ok... just be glad it was the rear and not the front...that would have a higher potential to suck more!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I've had my cycle tires totally bald looked like a balloon tire, but never a flat. I can't believe that guy let you take his 05 R6 tho!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SVupON1 said:
I've had my cycle tires totally bald looked like a balloon tire, but never a flat. I can't believe that guy let you take his 05 R6 tho!
Yeah, i thanked him and took it easy out of respect. That thing was so smooth. My 04 makes a lot of valve noice (since day one) and his was nice and quiet. I don't know if I would've done the same but we were only like 3 miles from my house. Plus he knows I can ride.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Now those are some desent guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.