Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just though I would post a couple of pictures of my new helmet. Thanks for the input from some of you here. So far, I really like it. I rode to work with it for the first time today.

Ron

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Keep us posted on long term for this helmet.
What other helmets have you had to compare with? :twfrox:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a HJC CL-14. I really have had not had any complaints about HJC other than it did not seem real well ventilated. In all fairness to the HJC this may have some to do with the windshield I have on my bike. But the top vent on the Scorpion works very well. I will really like it this summer. It lets a good amount of air in.
I wore a size large in the HJC and also got a large in the Scorpion. It is a bit tight in the cheek area, but should loosen up a bit.
The helmet does not fog! That is great. This is nice to have in the Pacific Northwest.
I am looking forward to see how it does in the long run also.

Ron

I read that review and everything else I could. That is one of the reasons I went ahead and got the helmet. Pretty much everything I have read has been positve.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are others here with the Scorpion helmets finding that they are liking them more all the time? I sure like mine!

Ron

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a Scorpion 700 as well. I've been very happy with it, although I did just retire it the other day since my clumsy ass dropped it on the kitchen floor the other day. So now I've got an HJC AC-11 Revenge. I'm very happy with it so far, though it does lack a few things from the Scorpion, like the padded chin strap, the little quick release string on the strap lock thing, and the snap on the strap to keep it from flapping around, oh and the visor doesn't pivot quite as smoothly and easily. Little stuff like that, no biggie. The HJC is noticably lighter though, so that's kinda nice. I like them both though...both very comfortable. I may post some pics of the new one later on too...

Good choice on the helmet though! My friend has that exact same one, same colors and everything. Too bad he no longer has a bike to go with it... bike got jacked this last day after x-mas :(

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You retired the helmet from a kitchen drop??? :screwy: Please tell me there is something more to that!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gas Man said:
You retired the helmet from a kitchen drop??? :screwy: Please tell me there is something more to that!
Yea it was about the 3rd time, one of which was off the tank of the bike and onto my concrete driveway... made a nice hard thump. That time broke the visor mechanism on the side, got a new one, but this time it broke again (same one) and I didn't really want to get another one since it had already been dropped a couple times. Plus it was getting a whole bunch of rock chips and crap so it wasn't looking the greatest anyways, so I just decided to get a new one and keep this as a spare.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
OIC well that make smore sense...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts