Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been the high twentys low thirtys when the sun isnt shining here lately. Im still riding every day through it, but my seat has given up. Its partially my fault, but it has a split right in the middle of my seat. Its an '02 suzuki vinyl job and the first time its happened on any bike of mine. I know alot of yall live where its 'real' cold... Does this happen alot? Can i prevent it?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
WOW...I live where it pretty cold in the winters and have never had this happen to me. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Bring the seat to some upholstery shops. They can either repair it or put better material on the seat. I used a vinyl repair kit once to fix a two-inch split. That worked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had a seat recovered and re-padded for @ $40, but that was a few yrs ago....looked fine last long time... :crazy:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I've got a 99 Suzuki seat that's baked in 110 degree AZ sun all day while I was at work. I did that for years and it's still in great shape.

Replacing it isn't a big deal. If you get the right vinyl, you can even do it yourself.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah now is a good time to try and cover it myself, and if i butcher it then ill pay someone or go Ebaying. :seeya:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts