The all new MZ 1000S...
$10,999
115hp

MZ Website

It had some cool things...

Right side chain drive and some other stuff

Gallery

SPECS

TYPE LIQUID-COOLED 4-STROKE, INLINE 2-CYLINDER 40deg FORWARD-INCLINED BLOCK, 1 BALANCER SHAFT

VALVE TRAIN DOHC, 8 VALVES, HYDRAULIC CHAIN TENSIONER (HyCT)

DISPLACEMENT 998 cc

BORE X STROKE 96 x 69 MM

FUEL SYSTEM ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION

TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED, CASSETTE

FINAL TRANSMISSION CHAIN 530 5/8x3/8

MAX POWER 84 kW AT 9000 RPM

FRONT WHEEL 17 x MT 3.50 TWIN SYSTEM WHEEL

REAR WHEEL 17 x MT 5.50 TWIN SYSTEM WHEEL

F/R TIRES 120/70 ZR17 / 180/55 ZR17

WHEELBASE 1425 MM

DRY WEIGHT 210 KG

TOP SPEED OVER 125 MPH

ACCELERATION 0 - 60 3.4 SECONDS

COLORS BLACK, SILVER

:redmc:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I'd take one...they look pretty sweet!!

that right side chain drive is interesting..wonder they decided to use, vs. why nobody else seems too.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't know. It doesn't have a single sided swing arm or nuttin. They put the disc on the left side...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
oooooo ooooooooo I thought we had a pic of this that you took!

are those cutouts in the fairing for some type of ram air?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Twisty for pointing out the obvious. :lol:

What I would like somebody to do is explain why the reverse on the disc and drive chain???

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just said that in another thread.... but I'll clarify a bit.

At the time, I wasn't confident in the FI out there. The only bike that had a desent FI was the GSXR and I just didn't want one of those! Carbs are old and trusty! I have no regrets on it...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH,and I wasn't saying you were wrong for pointing it out. I usually would do that...but you beat me to it. Thanks for doing it though...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet!! Click over to the new thread and please give your thoughts on older FI and the Carb vs FI topic in general...

Carbs vs FI

:dthumb: :redmc:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Very cool bike. :) I really like the MZ1000. Of course, I'm partial to the MZ1000N, naked edition though.

The suspension on that bike is supposedly awesome, right from the factory... It's got an AWESOME low speed turning radius and thus great low speed manuverability. Handling on the track is supposed to be superb, as well. One review I read of it said it soaked up imperfections in the track while providing excellent feedback better than any of the big 4's liter bikes. This was a review from last year... I'd own one..

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
stevnmd said:
Very cool bike. :) I really like the MZ1000. Of course, I'm partial to the MZ1000N, naked edition though.

The suspension on that bike is supposedly awesome, right from the factory... It's got an AWESOME low speed turning radius and thus great low speed maneuverability. Handling on the track is supposed to be superb, as well. One review I read of it said it soaked up imperfections in the track while providing excellent feedback better than any of the big 4's liter bikes. This was a review from last year... I'd own one..

It is just a marketing ploy until I have ridden one for my self. I don't trust reviews or mags unless it is from Performance Bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts