Two Wheel Forums banner

NCAA says it will reconsider ban on FSU mascot

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  JK_DILLA 
Stoooooooopid

stupid stupid stupid. NCAA, spend your time drawing up a playoff system and quit trying to nit-pick. I dont think schools pick mascots on a basis of trying to insult themselves by modeling a feature of something bad. LSU isnt the tigers because tigers are passive, its because theyre fierce. FSU choose the Seminole because they wanted to model thier spirit. Not degrade it. If a native american macot is offensive then so are all mascots. Florida you cant be gators, because gators dont do that chomp thing with thier hands and its insulting to gators. Gimmie a break. Hell, if anything the "fighting irish" is more so, badging a sterotype. Go pick on Notre Dame NCAA. So if mascots are demeaning to the subject, why did the Ole Miss col. Reb get banned? Because they said it glorified the confederacy. So that means mascots are glorifying models. hmmmm they cant be both degrading and glorifying NCAA, but i suppose the NCAA gets to pick and choose. :2cents:

This topic is evolving nicely and i hope it stays open because im enjoying it.

The NCAA accepted these schools decades ago to participate. It wasnt an issue then, and not a prerequsite for participation. To allow them to establish themselves within the NCAA and change the rules is rediculous. Whats the penalty for noncompliance? If its so important, why is everyone supposed to comply now except the cheerleaders. Thats right, i read today that the cheerleaders and bandmembers dont have to comply till 2007.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.