Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a decision on which pants to buy… I have been looking at the Joe Rocket – Steel Jeans and the Icon Recon Jeans. I have tried on the Joe Rocket Steel jeans… the really do have sheds of metal fibers sticking out of the cloth… but I’m wondering if one product is better then the other… Jeans are jeans…it’s not like 500 thread count sheets compared to 150 thread count sheets… they will always be ruff… I do realize that neither has any real protection… But does anybody have any and what do you think?

Vendors what is your customers feed back on this product?
Joe Rocket - Steel Jeans

Icon - Recon Jeans

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm curious to hear what everybody has to say... cause I really want to get some riding jeans as well... something that is better than my standard blue jeans...

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Gas Man said:
I'm curious to hear what everybody has to say... cause I really want to get some riding jeans as well... something that is better than my standard blue jeans...

:withstupi

I'd like to know too. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Heck maybe I'll just get both!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking that... there both priced at 79.99 so it really would not hurt much... but it's really hard to buy cloths on the net... and the shops close to me don't carry them... Dang... I need to open a shop,:rant just for gear... I'm sorry Cycle Gear just doesn't have what I like : :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's why we call on our buddies at SpeedWerks... they can tell us how true the sizing is...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Really...do you know anything about them??

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Not much! I always look for em, but I have never had any luck fidning them, other than on the net. Been meaning to buy some for quite a while, but was hoping to find a place to try em on first. Here's what the site says:

Bohn Armored Pants are a revelation! How many of us just like to ride in Blue Jeans? It's like they were invented for motorcycling! But somehow our knees feel rather exposed, to say nothing of hips. We fit comfortable hip pads with slim articulated knee and shin armor - all designed to fit under your jeans. Your friends will never know!

SIZING GUIDE

Features
We now offer Pants in 2 specs: Armored Pants—with Bohn Zorb Armor in knee/shin and Bohn Komfort in hips—and Adventure Pants—with Bohn Zorb Armor in knee/shin and Bohn Komfort in hips plus Bohn Komfort thigh protection and our exclusive multi-layered flexible tailbone section

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've looked into Bohn Armor Some time ago... they really look good... as far as being able to wear it under anything and be protected... but like you pickle...I need to try them on. There are only two dealers in Texas that carry them... but not much, they may have one or two pieces... However.. I think the pants would make the jeans too tight to ride in... or you would end up buying jeans that are too large & baggy and only be able to wear them with the under-Armor (unless you like the Gangsta look :tt: ). The Joe Rocket and Icon Jeans do not offer true armor/ protection I believe they will simply not tear... when sliding accross the ground... At least that's what I would hope... :skep:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I guy out here went down in them last year, I don't remember the details, but they didn't come apart and shred like regular jeans, FWIW.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Both the Joe Rocket and Icon jeans are on par with each other in terms of quality. Our customers seem to like both. They both are definitely better than a pair of plain old blue jeans. Sizing on the ICON stuff is really odd. It depends on which pants you buy as to how they will fit. They really have been a difficult product to deal with (Icon pants) because some of them run large and some run small.

On a different note, we had a customer who had one very, very nasty accident the other day...when I saw the bike I couldn't believe he was still alive. He was wearing an ICON leather jacket, and I will say it really saved his tush. That's the first ICON jacket I've seen crashed, and I am happy to say to all of the ICON doubters out there that it held up well. ;)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Or you can get the highly-rated Aerostich Roadcrafter, which goes over your street jeans. The one-piece suit is almost waterproof, but it costs about $700. How much is your skin worth?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Low said:
(unless you like the Gangsta look :tt: ).:
That's what I don't like about the ridding jeans I have seen.
Cant they make a pair that looks like normal jeans.
I could handle a little baggy but don't like the bell bottoms and pockets where there not supposed to be.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Speed.... do you have pics of the rashed up Icon jacket? Those would be good to post!

I'm with you guys on the look just isn't there on the riding jeans...but the look of a hospital gown isn't exactly in fashion either!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I would get them both but at 80$ a piece... another 50$ and I could get some cheap leathers... But, now if I could get them for around 60$ a piece I would consider getting both of them :wink: then give every one a decent product comparison / write up... but I will (most likely) have to search the evil-bay for some deals

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Be careful of quality with E Bay!
Most of that stuff is blims.
Ok with me as long as the price is right.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Gas Man said:
Speed.... do you have pics of the rashed up Icon jacket? Those would be good to post!

I'm with you guys on the look just isn't there on the riding jeans...but the look of a hospital gown isn't exactly in fashion either!!
I definitely should have taken a pic of the jacket, but we were so blown away at how this guy walked away from the accident, the jacket was only an afterthought. If he still has it, I'll ask him to bring it by the shop and I'll take some photos.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts