Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ordering the Vortex Frame sliders for my bike. I know I saw a post which mentioned these, I kind of like the idea of the replaceable puck ! I dropped my prior bike while washing it once, and these would have definitely prevented the damage/rash which occured from that ! I am not a knee dragger, but I figure, if the bike goes down hard enough to damage the base of the Vortex slider, the frame of the bike probably ain't gonna be fixable any way ! What do you think People ? I need some input 'cause these are not cheap !

:pat:
Steve.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
May have to cut holes for sliders to fit!
May not be worth the money!

If you track ride, it may be worth it.
I use Vortex on every thing except the 998.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so what I'm hearing..

Is that the Vortex pieces are good quality, but I may have to cut the fairing ? If I cut the fairing to install these, how this effect my aerodynamics ? I read somewhere that the Hayabusa is supposed to be one of the most aerodynamic (Low Drag Coefficient) bikes sold ? Thank's.....

Steve.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered LSL sliders for my Fizzy - many of the riders on the SBN FZ6 board use them.

LSL Sliders

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
WildMonkey said:
Is that the Vortex pieces are good quality, but I may have to cut the fairing ? If I cut the fairing to install these, how this effect my aerodynamics ? I read somewhere that the Hayabusa is supposed to be one of the most aerodynamic (Low Drag Coefficient) bikes sold ? Thank's.....

Steve.
Any thing that sticks out will effect the aerodynamics.
Unless you are ridding the salt flats for a top speed record, I wouldn't worry about that.

If you cut holes, it will slightly effect resale.
Good or bad always depends on buyer.
Usually hurts trade in value.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya, the aerodynamics aren't something to concern yourself with.

All bikes should have frame sliders... they are a must!

The vortex ones are nice! The 2 piece is nice and it's nice cause you can replace one side at a time.

The intuative ones are always a GREAT choice as well... either way would be better than none!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i ahve vortex and love them. or coarse i hope i dont ever have to use them but they are there. and i did not have to cut, just depends on the bike.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wild Monkey, send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you some info on sliders. All TWF members also get a discount. If you send me your bike year and model, I can also tell you if you have to make any cuts to get the sliders to work...a lot of bikes you don't have to anymore. The vortex sliders are awesome and so are the new Euro Racing sliders....Twisty, if you haven't looked at these, you may want to check them out...especially since you race and trailer your bike. The tie-down conversion kit is kick ass!

--Laura

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, & "Thank's" for the info.

I went ahead and ordered the Vortex sliders,,,, I believe I will have to cut the fairing, but we'll see ! Went ahead and ordered a Second Look Tank Bra as well !

Steve.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Did you not hear the word Discount??? LOL

BTW you cant beat there friendly service.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I missed Laura's post...

I must have been writing my previous post & somehow missed Laura's post. :cry: I ordered them thru a local dealer here in Augusta, Ga. Laura, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you still provide the mounting info. for my '05 Hayabusa ? I promise to buy something from you ! :dthumb: I do need a really good bike cover for it ! Thank's,

Steve.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That sounds interesting Speed... I think that at least once a week you should start a thread on a "Highlighted Item of the Week" or somin. I think it would kick ar se!!!

I'm with Twisty on this, right now at least. I have Shogun on my 9R and I have seen the Intuitive stuff perform...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll leave....

The ROAD testing of the frame sliders to the, ahem, "Professional"... :dthumb:

Steve.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
No doubt but sometimes it happens!