Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everybody :seeya:

I just got done installing my Vortex Frame Sliders on my '05 'Busa, and I have a question. After getting everything installed and the plastic back on, it appears that the Left side puck doesn't stick out as far as the right side puck. My question, is this normal ? I mean, is this a common thing that one side is going to be a little different from the other ? This is the first time I have ever done this type of mod, and even though it seemed pretty straight forward, I'm left scratching my head saying :wtf: Also got my "Second Look" tank bra on, and man, it looks better than I imagined it would ! :cheers: Allright, help a Bro. out... :ffedback:

:pat:
Steve.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I've never noticed this before on any other bike. All of the frame sliders I've seen have atleast looked even on both sides. Post up some pics and let us take a look at it. :nopicsbs:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the sliders are sized to account for the individual bike and what sticks ou tthe most. I know my sliders are longer on the left-hand side to accomodate the clutch casing (?).

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
I think the sliders are sized to account for the individual bike and what sticks ou tthe most. I know my sliders are longer on the left-hand side to accomodate the clutch casing (?).

Mine fit the same way on my R6. One side sticks out a little further or appears to have more sticking out than the other. Don't remember which one though sticks out further :scratch: :sorry:

·
Registered
741 Posts
yep check to see that they are both the same length to begin with.

you got lucky getting the second look cover - they just went bankrupt. :cry:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Second look...

Yeah, the girl that ordered the tank bra for me said the same thing. She actually ordered my 1, but were shipped 2. I wasn't crazy about it until after I saw it on the bike, then I was like, Daaaaayaauuuummm..., I will try to get somebody to post some pic's for me, as I still don't know how !

:pat:
Steve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts