Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
An inline four on a BMW... It's odd looking without the boxer cylinder poking through the bodywork. I'm just so used to seeing it... Nice bike, for sure.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ShanMan14 said:
An inline four on a BMW... It's odd looking without the boxer cylinder poking through the bodywork. I'm just so used to seeing it... Nice bike, for sure.
My K1200RS four gets those comments all the time :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
That bike is hot, for sure. And it looks like the F650 single will no longer be the only Bimmer in the lineup that doesn't puff white smoke when you start it. :smilelol:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been reading on BMW forums, BMW will increase engine size next year to 1300cc with 200 HP :drool:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
jetskifast said:
Been reading on BMW forums, BMW will increase engine size next year to 1300cc with 200 HP :drool:

200Hp what will you do with all of that power??? :) I know I can think of a few things. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I know I would.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Damn!! :shock: Thats some serious ass power...cant wait for the first road test!!!! :bike:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GSXR750DJ said:
200Hp what will you do with all of that power??? :) I know I can think of a few things. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I know I would.
Lets hope 200 HP is not just BMW hype.
Dropped my bike off for service today BMW San Francisco,was talking with sales manager who went to Germany to test ride new K1200S :drool:
His first words, he could not believe K1200S was a BMW :shock:
BMW is going after the super bike market ;)
Also told me 1300cc 200 HP motor for future S bikes was talked about in Germany :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
This is almost enough to make me trade in my GSXR to get a BMW. :shock:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GSXR750DJ said:
This is almost enough to make me trade in my GSXR to get a BMW. :shock:
K1200S comes out in September. One thing cool about BMW motorcycle dealers, they let you test drive their bikes by yourself for an hour, without any sales pressure when you get back :cheers:
Will be taking K1200S for test spin, when my local dealer gets his K1200S shipment :drool:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
jetskifast said:
K1200S comes out in September. One thing cool about BMW motorcycle dealers, they let you test drive their bikes by yourself for an hour, without any sales pressure when you get back :cheers:

I took advantage of that when I was looking at the R1150RT. I couldn't believe they let me just take off with the thing. It was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I took advantage of that when I was looking at the R1150RT. I couldn't believe they let me just take off with the thing. It was a lot of fun.
Damn..where do you by rides at??? around here..you can't take anything out for test ride without giving up your first born :shock: I asked several dealers, and they mentioned the same basic reasons.

1. too many people red-lineing & hot-doggin on brand new bikes, just for fun, and then they dont buy em.

2. crashes or general dings on new bikes

3. they are stuck with the bill.

which I can see that being logical..but geez....

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need4Speed750 said:
Damn..where do you by rides at??? around here..you can't take anything out for test ride without giving up your first born :shock: I asked several dealers, and they mentioned the same basic reasons.

1. too many people red-lineing & hot-doggin on brand new bikes, just for fun, and then they dont buy em.

2. crashes or general dings on new bikes

3. they are stuck with the bill.

which I can see that being logical..but geez....
BMW dealers set aside bikes for test rides and as service loan bikes.
First time surprised me also, salesman threw me keys and said bring bike back in hour :coolsun:
You are responsible for bike if you crash it.
I have never been able to get a test ride at motorcycle dealerships, except BMW.
Sometimes motorcycle shows will let you test drive in the parking lot :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I know where I am going to be next month...looking for a dealer that will le tme take out the new BMW for an hour. Sweet. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I know where I am going to be next month...looking for a dealer that will le tme take out the new BMW for an hour. Sweet. :)
Dont go to trans-am (where I bought mine)..unless your planning on buying it, forget it..trust me, I asked...you gotta show him a check, or set the financing first..and then you can ride it, and if you change your mind..he'll give u back ur check or cancel the financing. but damn, what a pain...

Are all BMW dealers supposed to be like the ones you guys mentioned earlier? cuz if they are, my local dealer is behind the times.. :nonod:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Need4Speed750 said:
Dont go to trans-am (where I bought mine)..unless your planning on buying it, forget it..trust me, I asked...you gotta show him a check, or set the financing first..and then you can ride it, and if you change your mind..he'll give u back ur check or cancel the financing. but damn, what a pain...

Are all BMW dealers supposed to be like the ones you guys mentioned earlier? cuz if they are, my local dealer is behind the times.. :nonod:
Your experience is very abnormal for BMW dealer test ride. Have been on BMW internet forums for years. Never heard of BMW dealer giving you that sort of BS for a test ride.
Have test drove BMW motorcycles at three different BMW dealers. All three dealers only required motorcycle license, two had me sign paper I am responsible for damage to bike in event of accident. None of the dealers put any pressure to buy motorcycle after test ride.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:

Theres a Honda-BMW dealer up in Mechanicsburg that I got my 900RR a few years back that we can try. The worst they can say is no. Can't hurt to find out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
as far as test drives...

I remember the hardest test drive to get was the STi when it first came out. NO ONE was allowed to test drive it. I bought a WRX first...and then they let me drive it.

...but..BMW is good with this stuff.. when my father bought his m3 vert a couple years ago....they let us take a used one for a ride for about 30 min....first the guy went with my father...father said he did 90-100mph with the guy in it....then they came back and the guy let my father take me with him for a while.

BMW KNOWS that if you let someone test drive their stuff...you will buy!!! cause its THAT good!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts