Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I get to retire my boarding jacket for the commute to work and back. The wife got this for me a week ago (well, actually, she got me a size too small, and this just came in). This thing has got so many damn zippers and velcro, I can't tell what you're supposed to leave in and what you can take out. And, what's up with the nylon bag thing inside the back? It's 2:45am now, should be trying it out in about 45 minutes. :dthumb:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Very Nice in deed!

Been looking at different jackets myself.
What kind is that?

·
Registered
543 Posts
It looks like my Joe Rocket Alter Ego. If it is, congrats! I love that jacket. It's quite comfortable and you can ride all the way down to about 50degrees on the freeway with nothing under it but a teeshirt with the rain liner in it. It does start to get a bit on the warmish side once temps reach around 70degrees though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guideon72 said:
It looks like my Joe Rocket Alter Ego. If it is, congrats! I love that jacket. It's quite comfortable and you can ride all the way down to about 50degrees on the freeway with nothing under it but a teeshirt with the rain liner in it. It does start to get a bit on the warmish side once temps reach around 70degrees though.
Ah ha! Someone who has one. I can't get my arms out on these warm days, without pulling that inner most liner out. Is that the rain liner? Should I pull it out as I don't plan on any rain trips? This thing looks like it needs a book to explain all the different configurations. Lots of zippers going every which way.

And what's that buckled in nylon bag inside the back area?

Oh, yes it's a Joe Rocket Alter Ego

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, definitely take that liner out of there. It's reasonably waterRESISTANT (not ...proof) up to about 45min in a hard rain, but it doesn't breath for anything. It really cuts down on any possible ventilation when it gets warmer, too. Although you *may* have figured that out already...:wink:

That is bag is for stuffing the liner into so you can carry it with you when you're not using it. I feel sort of like Quasimodo if I use it though, so I generally just leave the liner and bag in the top of the closet when not in use.

I hear ya about all the zippers/snaps/etc....the thing sometimes seems like it came from an Erector Set more than a clothing manufacturer.

Overall, I have really enjoyed it. I just picked up a Speedrag Stunter that I'm currently breaking in but when it looks like it "might" rain, I'm still sticking with the AE.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny, I really thought the bag was for a camelback

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hah! Not bad, actually. I have considered using it for that on more than one occasion. I just feel that having a rubber tube strapped to my back and being anywhere NEAR my neck in case of an accident is not such a good idea....LOL

The easiest thing to do with that jacket is simply unzip EVERYTHING and then put it back together. The zippers are all spaced fairly specifically so it's not too hard once you sit down and do it. The other thing that I have found is that putting together/breaking down goes much easier if you put everything on and then manipulate the zippers while wearing it.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
OneRedLT4 said:
Finally, I get to retire my boarding jacket for the commute to work and back. The wife got this for me a week ago (well, actually, she got me a size too small, and this just came in). This thing has got so many damn zippers and velcro, I can't tell what you're supposed to leave in and what you can take out. And, what's up with the nylon bag thing inside the back? It's 2:45am now, should be trying it out in about 45 minutes. :dthumb:
Nice! :dthumb:
I looked at those before settling on the new JR Meteor 5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts