Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just built a new highway to a former ghost town, now a gambling town, from I-70. Here is part of the news release:

Central City officials were eager to celebrate. They assembled a team of race car drivers to see how fast they could go from Interstate 70 to Central City before the highway's opening ceremony on Friday. Buddy Lazier, a former Indianapolis 500 winner, did it in three minutes at 155 mph.

Anybody want to come out and challange that time? For the rest of the story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../20041120/ts_latimes/placingitsbetsonaparkway

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I know I would love to race him to see if I can beat him. I want to ride my bike. :D Or Twistys will do as well. :dthumb: 155 in 3 mins. I think I can break that. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
looks like a TWF rally in the works to me!!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Sounds like a challenge to me!! Maybe they are trying to increase the take from gambling by emptying your wallet before you get to town :bash:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I garauntee I could beat that time!!!

But those 2 towns sound like they hate each other...another great rivirary....

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I-70 sucks, as it's the only main route east-west through Colorado. Also goes to most of the ski areas so it's super crowded with SUV's, motor homes and 18-wheelers (but there are a half-dozen better and twistier routes).

It's 20 degrees and it snowed this weekend so I couldn't take the bike up there. But the Central City road is freshly paved and has to have lots of twisties to climb 2,000 feet in that short distance. Plus it will take a lot of traffic off the Clear Creek Highway, which was the only way up there before the new road. Another reason to ride Colorado next year.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
No Worries said:
It's 20 degrees and it snowed this weekend so I couldn't take the bike up there. Another reason to ride Colorado next year.
Oh! Man! :eek: :eek: :sob: Life sucks this weekend in CO!!! Today the rain stopped, It was upper 70's and SUNNY...I put 120 miles on my bike today and even got a little farmers' tan where my jacket is short of my gloves!!! 20 Degress and Snowing!! :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts