Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas Man,

This can was custom made by a guy in England. He sells on ebay and his ID is "trackandrace". I like the fact there is no logo. Scorched titanium oval, dual tip to my door for $440 with a bad exchange rate.

On your jet kit question. I have never seen a stage 2 or 3 kit. However the stage I kit has 6 different jet sizes and application guidelines. The Honda service manual seems to use a different numbering system so I can not correlate how much bigger these are. The Stage one has 2 each of 130, 132. ... 140.

K&N recommends 138/140 (different for outer/inner) for K&N airfilter with a high flow pipe. However I am thinking I will start out with 136/138. I'll post results.

Also, my bike ran great with stock jet/pipe and K&N air.

Regards, Carl

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice pipe! That looks great.

Regarding jets, I am calling Factory today to see what they say. I noticed on their website that they have a kit that includes jets, ignition advance (locals have told me this is a good mod for the F3), shift kit, and an air filter. I will post what they tell me.

I also looked at the Dynojet site and compared the Stage 1 and 2 kits for the `90 CBR600 (only year I saw with both kits). Only difference I saw was jet size.

Again, I should have something figured out today. The weather is getting REAL nice around here and I don't want my bike out of commission any longer than necessary.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
diff stage jets kits are for more mods.. all they are is bigger jets to supply more fuel to a more build motor, foirm the sounds of it buy time u get to the F3's stage 3 or 4 jets there would be cams or some boring involed to need a jet that big once bolts are done and the airbox is removed.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
and hte can looks as good as a micron......SWEET look man.. does he make em in diff colors.. and can he make em to fit aftermarket headers do u know?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott,

You can go to ebay and search by seller "trackandrace". I am not sure if he has other colors. But he does sell his cans for several bikes, as well as headers. but you can ask the seller a question. He is good at answering emails.

Carl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts