Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's nothing performance enhancing or anything, but being the photo-video guru that I am, I [finally] went and bought a Mini DV camera and a tank mount for the bike so I can tape rides and such, which will be cool if I ever do find any decent roads down here, LOL

I couldn't wait, I HAD to try it out!! So I went out and made a nice long video. This is just a short clip (about 2 min or so, 10 mb). Nothing special, just trying it out on our boring straight roads

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=bikevid4_NEW

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
The more I see these the hotter my credit card gets. It wants to jump out and charge a camcorder, but I'll wait til I can pay cash. I can't check out the video cuz I'm at work but the set up looks clean. :dthumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow thats pretty cool. need more speedo pic and less sky, but for first great not to choppy either.but where did ya get the mount?.
and is that as curvy as the roads get out there?maybe you can drag a knee changin lanes j/k.

·
Registered
941 Posts
EIDROEDYR said:
Is that mount universal or specific to the style of camcorder? Also, where did you puchase that mount?
I have one for mine. I wish I could remember who I bought it from. They are bike specific (brand) because they need to match up to the tank fill bolts. They send you longer bolts, pull the old ones out, put the camera mount on, put the new longer bolts in. Setup is quick and easy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kilrgsxr750 said:
wow thats pretty cool. need more speedo pic and less sky, but for first great not to choppy either.but where did ya get the mount?.
and is that as curvy as the roads get out there?maybe you can drag a knee changin lanes j/k.
Sadly, that is about as curvy as our roads are :sob: . South FL roads SUCK!!! Straight, flat, and seriously overpopulated with stupid people trying to kill me!

Anyways, I got the mount on ebay from this dude.... http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsprocket11sprocket11

But yea I was suprised how steady it came out.... not even much wind noise or anything either. A couple times the camera didn't seem to like the vibrations or something too much and it freaked out a little for a few seconds then went back to normal.... nothing major though. I'm trying to figure a way to angle it down a little bit cuz I do want to be able to see the speedo and tach in there too. But for now it works just fine :) Like chev said, installation is super easy, just take out two tank bolts, put the mount on and use 2 longer bolts to secure it down, then one bolt for the camera. Only problem I had with this was I don't think the seller realized that the newer bikes use larger diameter tank bolts than the older ones. The mount came with 2 skinny little screws, and the holes in the mount were the same small size. So I had to redrill the holes to enlarge them and use 2 bolts from my own collection.... no biggie.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DLITALIEN said:
The more I see these the hotter my credit card gets. It wants to jump out and charge a camcorder, but I'll wait til I can pay cash. I can't check out the video cuz I'm at work but the set up looks clean. :dthumb:
Yea I was getting that itch too. I hate putting stuff on the CC as well, but since I did have a $200 credit on my circuit city card that's been on there for awile, I figured I might as well use it, so really it only cost me a little over $100 out of pocket (and I got a free camera bag and tripod too!). I kept debating whether I should get it or not, but I figured since I was going to Vegas the next weekend (which was this last weekend, I was out there) plus my sisters wedding coming up in July, I should probably just go ahead and get it. Glad I did :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is nice but I really like the WOS member, Super, custom made mounts! You guys should see his setup. He has a front tank mount and a rear seat mount!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts