Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any views/opinions or anything about the Icon Team Merc Jacket? I need a jacket, well I have one already, but I want a lime-green one cause I can ride that on the base without having to wear one of those big-orange reflector vests.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Maybe he just likes green?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't use the JR one.

NO, the green is so I don't have to wear one of those :gary: orange vests. That's all you can wear on the Ft. Bliss Army Base.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
OIC...it's a military thing...

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Can't use the JR one.

NO, the green is so I don't have to wear one of those :gary: orange vests. That's all you can wear on the Ft. Bliss Army Base.
you in the military ..... and you that love sick..... :lol: :rofl: i bet you get some **** off your hommies for that lol

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
bulldog said:
you in the military ..... and you that love sick..... :lol: :rofl: i bet you get some **** off your hommies for that lol
ya dawg whats you thinkin' bein' all educated and in loves......

:skep:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Personally I would get whatever jacket you actually want then pick up one of the Icon Orange vests. I don't think they look that bad. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
893 Posts
fatburg said:
Personally I would get whatever jacket you actually want then pick up one of the Icon Orange vests. I don't think they look that bad. Just my :2cents:
We've sold about a hundred of those Icon vests ... they are by far the best looking solution for military personel who ride on base.

- Roach

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I have never seen a red/orange safety vest That looked good or stylish on anybody. :nonod:

But its all in the name of safety! :dthumb:

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Icon makes a milspec vest for us military guys. It has a velcro patch so you don't have to dig in your pockets for your ID. DON'T get the green jacket. You'd look gay wearing that on the 6. Just wear a vest. I know at my base during the day all you have to do is wear contrasting colors like red or white for example.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JK_DILLA said:
speedwerks, im borrowing this pic, thanks!

I was looking at that cause it's only like $50.00. However, here the regulations to ride on post are a MANDATORY full sleeve jacket at all times and not the whole "contrast to the bike colors" thing. They only allow like neon green, yellow, or orange. That is it. So I'd still have to wear the jacket with the MilSpec vest over it. That's why I was looking at this:

or this:

I'm kinda thinkin' the first one cause I like that it doesn't have a collar. Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd wear either jacket you showned above, but only in mesh.

Right now I wear a neon vest over my Firstgear mesh. I just take off my bdu shirt and put it in my bag. By the rules, I could just wear the vest over my bdu shirt, but I'd rather wear a jacket.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AirForceTeacher said:
I'd wear either jacket you showned above, but only in mesh.

Right now I wear a neon vest over my Firstgear mesh. I just take off my bdu shirt and put it in my bag. By the rules, I could just wear the vest over my bdu shirt, but I'd rather wear a jacket.
Those are mesh man. I'm in El Paso, TX and it is like 90+ daily here so leather is like kinda outa the question reguardless of how nutz I supposidly am!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts