Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Yamaha has a new R6 planned for 2005 - Anyone hear anything about this? It is about time. They did and excellent job on the new R1 but the R6 is due for a major update - although I do feel alot of the subtle updates that they have made over the past 2-3 years have gone virtually un-noticed because they were not cosmetic but performance related..

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I've read rumors of radial brakes, under seat exhaust, and titanium valves. Seems like Yamaha is going to incorporate some of the tech from the new R1 into the R6. I don't know why they wouldn't.

There was a Photoshop pic floating around awhile ago.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Wow, It looks like the Yammar is going to be competitive this year. What's up with the underseat exhaust everywhere? That's a feature I don't care too much for. How do you mod the bodywork with plumbing to deal with??

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I think the undertail exhausts are HOTT! And they allow you to lean over farther w/o scraping a can....

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
i like the undertails as well..talk about cleaning up the back end !! wow !! i know the buells with undertails tend to make for a really HOT seat when riding, especially for a passenger..and the ones with the exhaust underneath, it seems make it that much worse too because all the heat from the xhaust and engine makes it double worse for ur arse..

but others who i know that have undertails on their bikes dont seem to have that problem.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Gas Man said:
I think the undertail exhausts are HOTT! And they allow you to lean over farther w/o scraping a can....
Plus they reduce aerodynamic drag just a touch. But personally, I'd rather have a little drag than a hot ass while riding.

I've been reading a LOT about the new R6 and plan to check one out later today. Won't be buying anything today because I still have more research to do on the bikes, insurance, plates, financing, etc. I won't buy until I feel I'm fully informed.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Good! I would be doing the same thing...

I don't even want to think about having to go thru the same trying to buy a new liter bike for myself....it's going to suck! I think I'm going to start researching this summer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts