Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just stupid questions that I’m interested in knowing

how long dose the average bike last for (miles)

when do you need to change the fluids

how long dose a set of tires last for

pretty much any regular matinee because i know its different then a car

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Bikes: They can last as long as you keep workin on em. SOme toss em aside at 20k, some ride til well over 100k+

Fluids: <100 miles, 500 miles, 1000 miles, and then every 3000 Unless you go synthetic, then you can go longer.

Tires: About 3000-8000 miles, depending on tire type and riding style.

Maintenance is straight forward. Buy a repair manual and you should be able to takcle most projects on your own.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I got about 13K on my 04 and it's still running strong. Most dealers will push a maintenance plan on you and they're not bad. My plan was 3500 and i'm covered up to 20K. This includes everything like oil, plugs, air/oil filters, chain adjust/lube ect. ect. I change the oil every 2K not only because it's covered in my plan but i like the idea of fresh oil in there. If you maintain it well it'll last long.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ive seen bikes w/ well over 100K on them and still going strong. treat em right, and they'll treat you right.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I have 17,500 on mine and I ride hard everyday, I have no problems, but I do my maintenance on a steady basis. Oil every 4k or so, I just replaced the factory chain earlier this month. I have Pirelli diablo's which is a very soft tire..I have 3,500 on them now, but the rear is starting to have some wear on it, the front is still in good shape.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
r1sharknose said:
How many miles do you get out of the front tires on sportbikes and does having a different brand or softness on the rear effect its handling...
That is a question for the ages... some say it does and others say it don't. Then there are others that don't even realize they have 2 different type tires.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
I know it seemed a bit odd a month or so back when I had a Pilot Power on the rear and a Dunlop D204 on the front. I never had front end push with 2 dunlops, but it felt very unstable with the mix.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
r1sharknose said:
How many miles do you get out of the front tires on sportbikes and does having a different brand or softness on the rear effect its handling...

Most definitely, I wouldn't reccomend mixing tires. And if you really want the best handling change both at the same time.

Mileage varies based on tires, burnouts, etc... but if you get 6-8k miles your doing really good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts