Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
First post here just looking for some info. I have been riding for years both dirt and street. I just haven't owned a sportbike and have been looking for one. I am 5-10 200lbs and am looking at 600cc sportbikes. In my past experience I wouldn't have looked at under a 750. Question being are these 600cc motors that much more high strung to make up for lost displacement?
Insurance reasons are keeping me from considering the big bores. I haven't had a bike in about a year but past bike include Nighthawk 750, Virago 1100 and a Vulcan 750. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tim

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Wilcome Tim to TWF. We have talked about this issue a bit on here and you will get some pretty good answers. :dthumb:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
The twins are a little down in power compared to a inline 4. You can get a big twin just to keep up with or even out run a 600 inline 4.
The new 600 bikes are sweet plenty of power for a 200lb man. :2cents:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yes a 600cc bike is plenty big for a 200lb man. i amd 5'10" 215, and i go to the gym every day like religion so im not a small guy. i bought a zx636r 2004 and it is plenty bike. there is a commone misconception that you can be too bige for a 600cc sportbike. it still takes off plenty fast and the front end will go right up. i have been on dirtbikes also my whole life, and i like the fact that its a 600 casue i can basically through it around (ya know what i mean)

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...if you search the threads...you will be able to find volumns of info on the current topic...along with opinions

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Since you're already accustomed to riding after you get your new bike, you may want to entertain the ERC at your local MSF institute just so that you can get more familiar with the bike :dthumb:

:twfrox:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
welcome i am a newbie to and just got a SV650S and it is great

1 - 11 of 11 Posts