Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, This site looks like it covers everything.
I am currently looking to getting a bike. The wife and I would like to do some riding around this summer and I'm looking into a Bandit 1200s. I have seen a couple in fact Hoping I get a call back from the offer I made on one. If things go right we will have somthing soon. I am a picky guy so It wont be just anything. I am stuck on (naked, Sport-touring or in the lines of these without the full blown lay over the tank rocket) for the two of us. I dont realy want a cruiser either. I will be happy just geting caught up in the middle and enjoying some 2 up riding or having some fun and style when I am on it alone. But I'm sure with my luck summer will pass before I get what I am looking for. Any how Nice site ya'll have here and hope to hear from ya's.

Ealzach,

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:welcome: :twfrox:
The Bandits are a little dated in performance these days but, If that's what floats your boat.
Go for it! :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome:

I love how well the newbie thread works!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
:welcome: ever thought about this??? my buddy has one of these and let me ride it .... great bike....he keeps up in the twisties with his friend too :thumbs: he would deff. smoke me .... not by a lot buit i am a newbie :thumbs:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm an 02 Bandit 6 owner. Good to have you here. Go to Maximum Suzuki.com and Bandit Alley BBS. Lots of good people there and great technical advice. Usually a few good deals on bikes there as well if you're sold on the Bandit. Personally I love mine. Good power, better on a 12. Also, although stock they are a little weak on power, about 500 bucks will give you a substantial increase in power and rideability(if thats a word). I ride two-up with the GF alot and she really likes the back seat. Large enough and soft enough to be comfortable all day. Also, the air-cooled motors are simple to work on and dependable as hell! Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Earlzach said:
Hello, This site looks like it covers everything.
I am currently looking to getting a bike. The wife and I would like to do some riding around this summer and I'm looking into a Bandit 1200s. I have seen a couple in fact Hoping I get a call back from the offer I made on one. If things go right we will have somthing soon. I am a picky guy so It wont be just anything. I am stuck on (naked, Sport-touring or in the lines of these without the full blown lay over the tank rocket) for the two of us. I dont realy want a cruiser either. I will be happy just geting caught up in the middle and enjoying some 2 up riding or having some fun and style when I am on it alone. But I'm sure with my luck summer will pass before I get what I am looking for. Any how Nice site ya'll have here and hope to hear from ya's.

Ealzach,

:welcome: :twfrox: , this forum covers everything that you could possibly need with reguards to bikes. I saw a cruiser last night on the road, it had like a trailer attached to it. Looked kinda weird though. But good luck anyways.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You may want to look at the Yam FZ1, also; great ergos, lotsa power, all day 2 capability; one of my friends and his wife have put 18,000 on their '03; you can also consider the Kawi zr750...came with a half-fairing in '02 and '03...much underrated all around do anything bike...have seen examples with less that 5-6000miles for sale for less than $3500....may also want to look at the Kawi Concourse...little heavy and mid80's tech, but the guy's that have 'em really love 'em, and I've a freind that can hustle his through the twisties with the best of 'em.

Just some thoughts.

Olde Guye

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Earlzach.... :welcome:

Also....oldetymebiker, if I didn't tell you, might as well do it now...Welcome to TWF. :twfrox:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
[/IMG]
Well Guys I did it, I bought my first Sport touring bike.
It is a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 all black and show room condition. It was spotless and I meen even on the swing arm in front the rear tire was spotless. It has 8100 adult owned Miles on it. I will try to add a URL to this it may not work though. Any how I did some looking and didnt like the news I was finding about the 2001 Bandit Piston ring problem so I kinda steered away from it but still had my interest. Then I saw this listing for the FZ1 And it seemed like a steal after I saw it and road it. I simply love it. Thanks guys for the heads up on looking at these Yamaha's

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The only mods it has that would like to change back to stock I believe are the D&D slip on back to stock and the straigh titanium bars back to stock. I think on both. Not totaly sure yet. The bike felt and sounded great. I just need to get out on it a little and really feel it out before I venture into trouble with the wife. I want her to enjoy this also. I dont need to put a fear into her and ruin this for both of us.

Earlzach,

I am open for all tips and sugestions. Anything to make this the most enjoyable venture for the two of us.

Also I have to trailer it home on Friday so I am open for strap down location suggestions to ensure I dont ruin the Bike. I would rather push it home 50 miles then put One little scratch on it. Nahmeen?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts