Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Season is officially cancelled. Pick your favorite news outlet...

:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
:sob: :sob: :cry: :bash: :bash: :redevil:

·
Registered
338 Posts
:sob:
Damnit. And I just went to my first hockey game last Saturday. I'm so disappointed. Of course I went to an ECHL (I think ??? :lol: ), but I loved it!!!! I'm so addicted and hopefully will get to go again tomorrow night.
This sucks! As if they don't get paid enough... :nono:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
well they will be back next year :hug: :hug:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Gas Man said:
You don't know that for sure!!!
oh i thought tht isd what my friend said(i dont follow NHL at all) :dthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
What's hockey? ;)

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
What's hockey? ;)
ha now thats what ive whanted to say for a while!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
955 Posts
the NHL has been horrible for years now..only good games are playoff games and there excellant, too bad the regular season isnt like that...

all i watch now is college hockey and go to a few games a year...its nice being around UNH, Boston college, Boston university, Umass lowell etc...some great hockey from start to finish....

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
GsxrJack said:
...only good games are playoff games and there excellant, too bad the regular season isnt like that...
:iagree: You know that doesn't only apply to NHL... NBA, NFL and Baseball are the same... :sob: maybe that's why ratings and attendance has droped over the years... Guess they need to restructure...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Low said:
:iagree: You know that doesn't only apply to NHL... NBA, NFL and Baseball are the same... :sob: maybe that's why ratings and attendance has droped over the years... Guess they need to restructure...
they need to get rid of 5 or 6 teams, i would agree with basketball in the regular season being boring but never ever football NFL :cheers:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I don't know about that... I seem to only watch OU football on a regular bases...and could probably care less about almost all the pro-sports...until the playoffs start... :flush:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rumor has it that 8 teams may be dropped from the league next year! Finally. They let it get too big and the salaries out of hand. With the cap, teams will be forced to dump people and you'll see better competition because of it. Some teams are in a lot of trouble. I would expect there to be a season next year, with the pros or with backup players from the minors. Players don't agree to play, then the owners will let them sit and bring it people who want to play, not cry. Most likely, you'll see an agreement with a salary cap around 45 million. The Wings are screwed....they're currently at a salary of 100 million plus.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What a joke. I heard a local Detroit DJ who will remain nameless - THE DREW of Drew & Mike - saying all this crap about the players, blah blah blah - how can you blame them, etc. Quit sucking up to the gd players and the f'd up players union and blaming the owners you kiss a$$ - I was SOOOOOOOOOOO going to come to work and blaze his a$$ but then I said forget it - the guy hangs with players all the time and they would kick his a$$ among other repercussions.. But when I see Brasheur driving a new Ferrari into practice wearing a $10,000 suit, etc. that makes me sick - who paid for that? We did.. The dumb mfrs who pay for jerseys, tickets, beers, food, etc. and most of us can barely afford that, etc. - We scrape by day to day and spend our last hard earned penny to go see our "heros".. You know what - I am done with that.. We enable this worthless no good selfish mfrs WAY too much - I refuse to support that in any way shape or form.. You want a real sport that is self sufficient and that cares about the fans? Try NASCAR mfrs.. I am so sick of hockey.. Like I said before I will support the local teams like the AHL, UHL, etc. that are working class joes like you and me that have a smigedon of respect for the greatest game on earth.. These clowns in the NHL have no respect for anything.. I hope they all go broke and have to get real jobs like the rest of us - you want to hear some whining mfrs let that happen - they wouldn't last 1 day.. The sad thing is the small bar owners, the trainers, the refs, all the little guys, etc. are taking the blunt of this idiocy.. It makes me sick.. The NHL is and has been DEAD TO ME.. I do not recognize anything related.. I put an anti www.nhl.com program on my PC so that it will NEVER go to their gay a$$ site.. They can go to he!! and they can DIE.. :bthorse: :bthorse: :bthorse: :bthorse: :bthorse: :bthorse: :bthorse:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The players decided to see if they could exploit the system, and it worked. The owners paid outrageous salaries. Who's to blame for that? The ones demanding/asking for more money or the ones that actually pay it?

The problem I have is the owners complaining of salaries and profit sharing, yet they, at the same time, pay these salaries to win. You can't have it both ways, if it really was an issue the owners should have come together a long time ago and figured out how NOT to get into bidding wars.

I blame both sides, but I blame the owners more. Even more so now that the players offered a 24% rollback AND a salary cap they were so adamant about not implementing. It shows me a willingness to work it out on the part of the players, and a "eff ewe" attitude on the part of the league.

It's been said many times, but it sure looks like Bettman never wanted a deal. Maybe this is his plan, destroy the league and contract the pool of teams thereby eliminating the weak teams. WHO knows, but the 11th hour effort of the players impressed me, and the outright denial of the league pissed me off.

I'll watch the NHL when it comes back, but the league lost my respect. The only sport I really care about disappoints me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts